Nymzreviews.com official thread

Thanks for the thank you. I can totally see why having issues with your hearing would lead to a fascination with and love for audio. It makes perfect sense.

As a guy who makes his living as a professional drummer, the 1.5 years I spent struggling with my own issues has made me really appreciate music, audio, and my own hearing to a much greater degree. I love hearing the stories behind what has lead people to their love of audio/music/gear so thanks again for sharing yours with me/us.

4 Likes

I too share a fascination in hearing other’s stories of how they began their journey in audio. At one point of my life, my dream was to be a documentary Photographer, capturing people’s stories but also doing an interview with them to see how they got to the place their at now. Sometimes hearing other’s share their stories can also help you appreciate your own as well. It’s all beautiful and it’s important to find something so close to your heart during our very short time here on this floating rock.

You’re making me go deep, man! hahaha I appreciate that so much, it helps to be grounded every now and again.

4 Likes

I really really tried to do some research on this briefly, and I quickly came to the conclusion that it is WAY over my head :rofl: I’ll let the smarter guys take over from here - I’m just excited that they are trying something new in a way.

Nah, hybrids and multi driver iems usually have a circuit board (crossover) like that.
Even KZ has them.

(KZ BA10)

3 Likes

Hm, interesting. Honestly, I didn’t know exactly how a crossover worked before, I knew what it was, but I never guessed a small circuit board would be doing it. Learn something new everyday!

3 Likes

Im drowning in work, but here’s a cool pic to make it up. Took this one out to the office today. Solid.

Cya tomorrow :polar_bear:

13 Likes

Is that the cable that comes in the box, bud? Because it looks beautiful.

Ahah I wish. I rly dislike stock aesthetic wise.

This is an old Xinhs that was actually expensive but I don’t use since it is a rope. But it matches so good that I just made an exception.

My dream is to be able to get Hibiscus costumized with black hardware and no sliders.

2 Likes

Oh you definitely have me on pins and needles here. But get that work done!!!

1 Like

Ok daddy :sloth:

11 Likes

Color me interested, what the hell is an Hibiscus?

AliExpress link

Dam looks so good I might actually buy a planar (I’m not a fan of planars xD)

1 Like

https://www.dunu-topsound.com/vulkan

And I’m the one sleep drunk :smiley:

There will be a black planar soon tho, the hbb colab >_>

2 Likes

I see - I have a very similar XINHS cable - gorgeous thing. Only $15 too. Banger of a cable.

The OG cable that everyone had before XINHS came.

1 Like

Oh shitttt I thought it was the black wuzitian hbb collab. Dam looks so nice.

Vulkan is dead ass sexy. And I know it’s sound would be something I like. But I kinda need it to be less neutral and more “fun”, because Fan 2 eats up all the “neutral IEM” space I’ve got. But it’s one of the few IEMs I REALLY want to try out

2 Likes

Agreed - the Damascus like faceplate is simple yet alluring.

3 Likes

And it’s fitting for an IEM named Vulcan.