Nymzreviews.com official thread

I told myself I wasn’t getting another one of those watch box cases and that I’d only keep as many IEMs as I could fit in the one, ended up getting one that’s wood and can hold another 6 IEMs for my desk setup… still can’t fit all my IEMs in them lol

4 Likes

Low key, one of the fun parts of the meet up was Dom putting a set in his ears, and watching the moment it him when he found something he liked. That’s the part that makes this hobby worth it!

Of no use but 1000% needing to be noted: Dom has the most impossible eyebrows. Girls draw in their eyebrows and can’t do what his do naturally. Fucking fantastic!

6 Likes

Look at P1 and P1 Plus. It’s not V shape and it’s been destroyed by reviewers.

BRO WHAT?! :joy::joy::joy:

This legit made me laugh out loud, wtf man :joy::joy::joy:

Anyways … yes, there were a few that surprised me, probably the most being the Kai and the Starsea. The Starsea has some of the widest stage I’ve heard in an IEM full stop, and them being so affordable makes it that much more impressive. The Kai really wasn’t incredible in anyway, however, after the first few seconds of trying to find distinctions within the sound, I got lost in the music. I was telling Goober this at the table, the only other set that does this effect to me is the Timeless - which is why I’ve hung onto them for so long.

9 Likes

Dom is a chad confirmed.

ALSO, what’s your MMK2 impression :eyes: @GooberBM

2 Likes

You gotta go to my thread to get my thoughts. I don’t give that away for free :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

You got why I simp for Fan 2 too, though. They’re going to be my favorite all-arounder for a long time.

You have fantastic eyebrows, dude. Gotta call it like I see it

2 Likes

BRO what is happening :joy::joy::joy: @GooberBM you’re out of control, good sir. I love it!

1 Like

Damn - can’t lie, I somewhat forgot about the Fan 2 in my travels with the Rosefinch in my ear. They’re definitely a dope set - weird fit - but a dope set. That stock cable is chef’s kiss as well.

2 Likes

On the Kai…permanent home

2 Likes

Did the two of you actually go hang out?

1 Like

From what I’m gathering they met up at a library!

Seems like a sweet time. Great to see.

2 Likes

Yes, we hung out at a library. Quiet listening environment is best for a listening session so that’s what we did!

3 Likes

Sounds like fun! I have a couple of friends from headfi and group of folks who get together for some mini-CanJams I host at my house every summer and such, but I haven’t tricked anyone from HFG into meeting up with me yet. It’s just a matter of time…

Seriously though, did you guys just bring some choice IEMs or were there headphones, sources, and the like involved as well?

BTW, the eyebrows comment had me laughing so hard that my gf asked me if I was okay! :rofl:

1 Like

Truly, an interesting group of aficionados! We are moving from New Orleans (after 25 years) to Natchez, MS (oldest municipality on the Mississippi River), where we won’t have to worry about hurricanes and flooding so much. Anyway, I’m taking along my modest collection of IEMs and whatnot, and might join the Tea Cult sometime down the line… once we’re a bit more settled.

5 Likes

Wow, NO to Natchez is going to be quite a change! It’ll be nice to not have to worry so much every hurricane season, though. Is that the reason you chose to move, if you don’t mind me asking?

I haven’t been to Natchez since my great-aunt and great-uncle moved from there to Beaumont,TX about 15 years ago, but I used to love going to visit and spending a night or two catfishing and then having a huge fish fry with their neighbors and my extended family members. Southern hospitality is a real thing and there’s plenty of it in Natchez, MS.

Yes, insurance for hurricanes has priced us out of New Orleans. Natchez is far enough north that it’s not a problem. Also, it’s on a bluff that’s around 300 ft. above sea level, so it doesn’t flood, either. Finally, it’s where the Natchez Trace begins, and it’s close to the Homochitto Nat. Forrest… we like camping and hiking, so it’s a good place for us.

4 Likes

It was definitely an IEM party. I think we both brought everything we have worth bringing. So it didn’t leave enough time to get a full picture on any one set, but I crossed a few sets off my “what if” list

4 Likes

My Top shipped last week. Estimated arrival is the 23rd. They must have had a small batch ready to go. I ordered through the linsoul Amazon listing.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one :wink: