Nymzreviews.com official thread

I use Porta Pro for taking work calls so can hear my surroundings aka my kids.
I have ATH-AD700x with Auto EQ that is so good for classical music.
IEMs get a lot more use on the daily.

1 Like

I always wanted to grab one of those :thinking:
I didnā€™t know there were multiple versions

1 Like

Nowadays the market seems flooded with the H1707 (gold/titanium driver) version, Amazon, Dropā€¦ even on 1MOREā€™s official site.

The 1MEJH0006 graphene silver or red/black (limited) ones are the highly sought after ones. So with a bit of luck, if anyone happens to find one, even a second hand one, snatch it up. Highly recommended. Closed back headphones normally canā€™t produce such a clear sound and impact like how IEMs do it; the additional tweeter in the cups works like a marvel. Most sub $200 closed backs are just bloated bass and veiled highs.

4 Likes

My go to closed back before going to IEM was the CAL! which is fine

1 Like

I heard in several reviews that it does need power but you donā€™t think so??

Do you happen to have the Timeless and the Oxygen by any chance? I love the Oxygen and Iā€™m tempted by the Timeless but a lot of reviewers/forums say that it is very bright. Thanks

1 Like

I am also thinking in getting the Hiby R5, looking forward to hear your impressions about it. The iFI Gryphon is also quite interesting but as right now I would hold on, on head-fi that are a lot of people complaining about volume sync issues that can potentially explode IEMs (and your eardrums).

1 Like

I do not have the Oxygen, but do have the timeless, which is why I am saying, that it doesnā€™t need much power. I use it with my smartphone, no problem.

I think the timeless is somewhat weired in the sense, that it has a certain warmth to it, but at the same time it is very bright. I donā€™t like warm IEMs in general, but the timeless has so much treble energy and is so engaging that I do like it very much. I definitely wouldnt describe it as laid back.

3 Likes

I will let you know :slight_smile: I cant precise when they are coming since itā€™s not express shipping, just standard. China shipments are a mess atm, and stuff with bateries is a pain. Im still hoping it arrives before christmas :slight_smile:

Yeah, seems gryphon needs some firmware updates pushed, but should be fixed in the future. The whole package of the amp is so good. A pocket rocket :smiley:

1 Like

Im very curious about how the mids are done, after your description. I know Michael bruce didnā€™t love its mids, and our mids taste generally overlaps. I wish I could just try them :joy: damn customs and couriers

1 Like

Only open backs for me, in closed backs (as in K371 and DT770 my ears are being boiled alive after 40 mins)

Sundara is on my mind as there are plenty of 2nd hands in Poland for cir 230-250 eur even with some aftermarket cables.
HE 400SE is a cheaper, more favourable alternative as I never heard any planar, so I donā€™t know if I would like this type of sound. The problem with both is amplification as my only source is IFI hip-dac, which gives 280mW on SE and 400mW on BAL at 32Ohms and I donā€™t want buying anything else.

Kosses looks are no-no to me :frowning:

I also had HD560S/HD6xx/HD660S on my mind with emphasis on the cheapest. Do you have any experience with those?

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Full planar memes ahead. Whereā€™s my Timeless?? @Ohmboy will be proud :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how well you think Timeless scales on that amp it also works well with my og P1 enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Friggin yes!

4 Likes

Yeah Im really curious. Will be my first tube experience. Also curious to try it on earbuds.

A lot of sources incoming, so much fun ahead, so little time.

1 Like

Question: does it have a 4.4mm or is that a 3.5mm? Couldnt find it

Is it Zen DAC? Does it drive HEs properly on this high gain mode?
Hip DAC is having even more output on balanced so should be fine with me.
And whatā€™s that aftermarket HUGE cable btw?

1 Like

Nah, itā€™s just a 3.5mm and a quarter inch.
I just plugged the adapter in the quarter inch cos itā€™s no use for me. Could use two 3.5mms to A/B test headphones/IEMs.

Itā€™s the iFi Zen DAC v2, and itā€™s powerful AF.
Powers the HE400se perfectly, although I put it on high gain for sure. Truebass button is SWEET, sometime I put it on for the 400se just for the oomph.

Huge cables are the Tripowin Granvia 4.4mm balanced cable.

4 Likes

Poggers! Thanks :pray:

1 Like

No but the MT-604 which I have does itā€™s also worth getting a pair of Siemens 5654w tubes for your 602 as I reckon thatā€™s the best match for Timeless :bulb::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Although a big side note, 604 is completely balanced only, no single-end output. Not sure if itā€™s good for single-ended heaphones in the long run? Prob have to be careful, right? :thinking:

2 Likes