Nymzreviews.com official thread

Don’t think so because Aliexpress would kick them in the ass and refund total to you. I never had a problem tho!

Graphene he can only do regular grey, blue and gold (as far as I know!).

That’s Graphene Golden cable is :fire:

2 Likes

That looks a lot like his gold and silver cable…

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Since your Variations is now in my possession, I’ve been obsessing over tip rolling for this set LOL. I don’t have time for a review, but just to chip in a bit, the issue with the recessed mids can be enhanced by using the wide bore Azla SednaEarfit Regular tips without sacrificing other frequencies (at most it cuts about 10% of sub bass compared to CP155). Other than the mid issue, Variations is fantastic for technicality and separation, neutral with a slight sub bass boost.

Top tips I’ve rolled with Variations:

• Azla SednaEarfit Regular (enhances the clarity in the treble region, but treble sensitive people beware, could be too shouty)
  • Spinfit CP155
  • Spinfit CP145
  • Stock Variations silicon tips (not shabby at all)
  • New Bee foam
  • Tin T4 white foam

Other tips for testing that’s NO NO:

• Silicon: Spinfit CP100 (impossible fit), Final E, Azla Sedna Crystal (wide bore), stock Teas tips, stock Mele tips (wide bore)
  • Foam: Dekoni foam, Tin T2 blue foam
4 Likes

I didnt like azla as it increases treble and stock was more than enough for me (sometimes even much). My Variations picks for tips were CP155 and chopped comply foams.

Try Mele tips on it. Like I do on rsv:

The goal is to have a full seal without obstruction. Im using it on rsv and it’s :fire:, better than chopped foams even. Right ones are the SS20 i just got and im using them on ej07m atm.

3 Likes

It’s not the same. Graphene is thinner and lighter. Also looks brighter. But I do like that cable as well, let me tell you.

Gold is not my favorite color for cables, but sometimes a man just gotta match :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks better IRL and feels great. My favorite cable on par with regular graphene.

Copper looks better IRL but it’s thicker than it looks. Pairs better with bigger iems.

Im an happy camper. Gotta wait for my sets to come back from @igor0203 so I can take some pics of my favorite Xinhs cables :fire:

1 Like

Dammit, now you’re just gonna make me question myself and restart my tip roll all over again :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Im a tip freak 🤷

Try it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@nymz just ordered a set of teas for $170 after discounts and a gift card. Praying to the tea gods for a good set. :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

Wait… How???

1 Like

Im hoping you get a good set. It can clearly make people love it or be kinda meh about it :pray:

Got a $100 gift card plus the 11.11 discount on linsoul. So technically it they were $220 but I’m not thinking about that lol.

2 Likes

Im stocked! Welcome to the cult. Hope you love them!

2 advises: tip roll a lot (they are tip sensitive) and try one other cable than stock (mine sounds different than my other cables).

We salute you :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yeah I was torn on getting a backup set of timeless and a few kz’s but I said fuck it and went with something new. The only thing I’m worried about is the nozzle length. I already have a problem with the zex and dq6 being almost too long for my ears. My ears are a bit funky too where they actually open up a bit after the canal opening so using the correct size for my outer canal is too small for my inner but going the other way the larger size of my inner canal makes the tip get stuck on the outer portion and pull off of the iem lol. I’ve had it happen multiple times.

1 Like

I was about to take a picture for you until I realize @igor0203 has my set :joy:

From memory I will say they have slight longer nozzles than dq6, but not by much. They have the best comfort for me but that’s a personal thing, YMMV.

1 Like

Gonna have to wait and see. With the zex I need a size that’s in between an xs and s in cp100+. Which is funny considering how small they already are.

1 Like

I have the Tea and the ZEX, and I felt that the ZEX had a longer nozzle and more fitment issues than the Tea. So fingers crossed that Tea will fit better than ZEX with a shorter and thicker nozzle! The ZEX has such a ridiculously thin nozzle… Had to tip roll so much to find the right tip to balance sound and comfort.

So it wasn’t just me — I had to go down a tip size, because the seal was much deeper in my ear, and the usual size would have buckled at that depth and broken seal. Did get some Ety vibes.

1 Like