-oBravo Cupid šŸ’˜-

Thanks for this write up man! Really helpful. Few quick questions.

Where can I get the connectors? Also, where did you get yours made, or did you make them yourself? I think this is the biggest sway for me. WHether I can get the cables replaced so I can just go with the basic pair.

What tips did you end up with on your pair?

This is really what attracted me, really what Iā€™m looking for is a pair to replace my OH-1s. Itā€™s becoming very tiring and uncomfortable wearing them. I usually have to take them off around half an hour or so.

I really liked the fit and comfort of my Shures se215 & Audioflyā€™s because of the negative profile and it seems the cupids are the same.

I had mine made custom from Skedra of viking weave cables, He already had the spare connectors on hand so it was pretty painless, iā€™m pretty sure you can get them direct from obravo, might have to email them tho. He can make you one from the ground up which will be pretty awesome but also stupid expensive or what he did for me is he modified a cheap ($30) silver yinyoo cable with the connectors and added 4.4mm termination. I opted for the cheap route as the full custom cable would have cost more than the IEM themselvesā€¦ which wouldnā€™t have been a problem if I wasnā€™t forced to use some stupid proprietary connection, but i wasnā€™t down with spending that much on a cable that could only be used on this pair and none of my other mmcx earphones.

if you want to contact him about a cable, you should be able to find his contact info on his blog; https://vikingaudioblog.com/

For the longest I settled on Comply foams, T400. But recently Iā€™ve been trying out Symbio F foams and they are pretty nice, stil working on my preferred fitment with them but Iā€™m liking them quite a bit atm.

Yes the Cupids are very comfy for me, they have that negative profile that just kind of disappears into your ear and very lightweight imo. the only thing that could potentially be a problem is how long the stupid connectors areā€¦ it wasnā€™t an issue for me but could be problematic with different eartypes.

1 Like

Cool, I think Iā€™ll try contacting Skedra just to be sure before pulling the trigger. I tried obravoā€™s website but no luck, so it looks like you would have to contact them directly for obravo connectors.

Yeah the cable + connector is really the biggest put off. Maybe someone can come up with an ob-mmcx to mmcx convertor. Lol

Ah I saw this too, but it looks like theyā€™re on preorder? Not sure what that means or whether they have it available

I listened to these at CanJam last year as i was sooo hoping theyd be a P1 with bass.
Honestly, they just sounded very odd especially with vocals.
I listened to their entire range inluding the stupidly priced set and they all had a similar signature so it seems to be a ā€œhouseā€ sound.
Id strongly suggests a listen before buying as its certainly a different sound.

2 Likes

So just thought Iā€™d share this. A friend of Skedra made them for me - custom made ob mmcx adapter.

Really enjoying the Cupidā€™s btw, real fun sounding. Theyā€™ve become my go to IEMs.

5 Likes