Office workers... What do you do?

That sounds like a pleasant distraction lol

So what headphone set-up do you use in the office?

1 Like

if thatā€™s at me, all I have had for ages were my Sennhesier HD4.40ā€™sā€¦but now I have the Koss KPH30iā€™s and my NAD HP-50ā€™s.

Iā€™m currently waiting on my Blon B8ā€™s and after more reviews come out on the Mono M570ā€™sā€¦Iā€™ll likely buy the B20ā€™s or the M570ā€™s.

Generally I use my T60RPs or Tin T2s. And usually my SU-8 / Loxjie P20 or I use my Topping MX3. I say usually cause right now all of my gear is at home cause I needed to stage everything to take pictures for hartaudiocables.com >_< lol. But when things are normal Iā€™ve got one of those combinations set up at my desk.

1 Like

Any further impressions on the NADs? And what amp/dac are you using if any?

well, Iā€™ve gotten used to their feel over the HD4.40ā€™s I was used to and I like them even more now. I had a few moments of discomfort when I put them onā€¦but Iā€™ve never suffered any pain of fatigue from wearing them like I did he 4.40ā€™s. the clamp is just about perfectā€¦they will slide bit if I move my head to the side or up n down too quickly.

I donā€™t find the bass to be too much, which surprised me as the Harman curve does emphasis it. treble was a bit too high for me at first, but now it doesnā€™t bother me.

ohā€¦and they respond well to power. I have Spotify at 100% but my WIndows volume is usually set to around 20%. for movies, I do about 40% whereas before I usually hovered between 50 - 75%.

Iā€™ll have to listen to some singing as most of my stuff has been instrumentalā€¦cello / violin / piano, though yesterday I listened to Bela Fleck and the Fleckstones all day without any discomfort with the sax. I donā€™t generally like reed instruments, but no complaints.

I am thoroughly enjoying these!

1 Like

Being a programmer is no kind of guarantee that you will get to listen to music a lot. I barely use my office pair, firstly because programming requires focus on word meanings or producing new words (so I canā€™t really pay attention to the music, which would be an unacceptable way to listen), secondly because noisy open office, so I wouldnā€™t be able to listen properly even if I took the time for it on breaks or something.

So I basically restrict it to those rare times when I have something well-rehearsed to do that just requires some mechanical actions, and I stick to doing the first listen on music wishlist items to decide what seems not worth buying right away and what stays on the list for a more careful second listen in better conditions like at home or in a quiet park.

background sound is known to help with focus. and with your noisy environment, sounds like you want IEMā€™s that have really good sound isolation or something with ANC that you put to a lower setting so you donā€™t cut yourself off from the environment around you, unless you want to.

IEMs are also not a proper way to listen. :slight_smile: And ANC that cuts out speech at the level I need it cut out is ridiculously expensive. Iā€™ll stick with my industrial-grade 3M earmuffs and reserve most of the music listening for when I can do it justice.