Ok my og iFi iDSD micro just died

Battery I reckon so gonna check that out…thb I only got it out again to drive my “new” Fostex PurpleHearts…my iBasso DX300/312 drives all my IEM’s but I did prefer the Micro with the Fostex what ya reckon will be the cheapest equivalent of the og?.. secondhand’s fine as I’m mostly IEM?

:beers::beers::beers:

PS doesn’t need to battery powered but life on a barge is :zap:challenging :grin:

The black label is pretty inexpensive when you can find it. I really enjoy my signature but I found a new in box for less than $500 when I bought it.
Maybe a hipdac or the go blu.

1 Like

Yeah I really like the iFi Burr-Brown sound with the Purplehearts and yeah the BL or Sig would be awesome but I’d like a cheaper option if possible as I’m well happy with the DX312 for most of my sets :+1:

1 Like

Same for me, I wonder if they would ever release a cheaper portable like they did with the Air series.
Hhhhmmmm cheap and on the go with power fiio Q1 mk2 comes to mind and has a nice bass boost that warms things up a bit. It won’t be like the ifi but it can be found pretty cheap.

Andorama’s been pretty consistently having email deals on a few of the IFI portables ($200-300 new)

1 Like

@Ohmboy
Dude - could just be a dead battery inside.

I’ve since swapped out my battery (the original one that came with it, was swelling).

It does NOT boot without a battery. Some requirement they’ve set with the device. I tried that way, since I wanted to use it directly cuz I didn’t want the battery to be charging all the time yada yada.

First try opening it and look for a battery swap. If you can DIY, you might even get any other battery to verify if it boots, then get the right battery. Save some money.

If you want, I can guide you on how to open it… A bit of a trick.

My 10 cents.

1 Like

Yep battery on the way out and yeah I’ll take it apart and replace the battery if I can find one suitable…In the meantime I’m giving it a big 'ol charge to see if that’ll help :man_shrugging: I haven’t used it much this year since I got my DX312 as all my IEM’s are 4.4mm, then dumb ass here jumped on a set of PurpleHearts with it’s fitted 1/4” cable :upside_down_face: so busted out my old Micro…hoping a big charge will kick it’s ass into let’s party mode lol…we’ll see over the next day or so but thanks for your input buddy :raised_hands: + :beers:

Good plans my man… Cheers!!!

1 Like

Well after a 10hr charge it seems to be working ok, I only use it plugged into my MacBook Pro so :crossed_fingers: she has a few more miles in her :man_shrugging::notes::notes::notes::smiley:

4 Likes

Yaaaasss, that’s the best when a piece of equipment you think is dead come back to life.

1 Like

Great to hear it’s found the Fountain of Youth! Haha let me know if those issues persist and I can get you in contact with ifi’s support team.

1 Like