Ollo S4 and S4R

Anybody have either of the above or indeed have heard them?

Both have a pretty flat frequency response and priced well :+1:

Lol I can’t take the brand name seriously as a long time cow chop fan https://youtu.be/Eyz33-TUGEc

I’ve heard the S4, and I can say they kinda sound like 600s with a bit of a u shape. They were pretty comfortable and felt really nice regarding the build quality. I think they have a little too much bass and treble to be considered neutral, but that could just be the company trying to tune it for equal loudness. I think that the 600 was more detailed, but the s4 had better soundstage if I remember correctly. I’m pretty sure the only reason I went to hear these things was because the company was called “Ollo” lol. They would definitely hold up for light mixing imo, but I think that the 600 might be a little better tbh, just because of the better timbre and higher level of detail. I don’t know if it can scale well with amps, since I didn’t get the chance to try, but it seemed to be able to run off of most amps with a decently low output impedance. Overall they were a solid piece, but I didn’t think they were super impressive either.

2 Likes

new S4X

3 Likes

Hopefully these won’t be U shaped like their other cans lol

Had an email today that these are being discontinued, only moving on with the S4X, my pair will be here next Friday

1 Like

Thoughts on the S4Xs? Naturalness, detail, sibilance? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m truly loving it, has such good detail and imaging, soundstage is way better than the 600’s, shipped from Slovenia to Iowa in less than a week. Can get loud of portables, I’m still only about 5 hours in, but I’m happy

1 Like

On sibilance, its like at the border of being just detailed enough without going over. I have dt770’s, nowhere near harsh

1 Like