Open back + amp + dac all under 300 usd - Help please

Would you recommend the 58x over the pc37x for mainly gaming?

I certainly would. It’s a better headphone with better drivers. With better imaging. And overall sounds better

1 Like

I have both.
The HD58X is leagues above the HD598(PC37X).
Only reason why you’d ever use a PC37X is if you specifically needed a headset, as a headset its amazing but as headphones it’s not the best thing ever.

1 Like

Feels a bit wrong restarting a dead post but…

Over a year latter and I’m happy to say that the HD58x and O2 + SDAC are yet to let me down (besides a broken headphone cable).

I since bought a pair of PC37X’s (not for me) and they broke. The cable that goes from the left earcup to the right (the volume dial) shorted :frowning: nothing a bit of solder can’t fix (I can no longer use the volume dial so I need an amp. I have a max ish budget of 160 US, same needs as above. Any suggestions?

Hi y’all, I’m new to the game and got myself hd58x. Still trying to get my hand on dac/amp combo. I read some of the suggestions and need help deciding between these:

1. Mayflower Arc MK2
  2. Drop O2 Sdac combo
  3. Fulla 3 (or 4)

Thank you everyone in advance

I love and have had no issues with my O2. If you’re going to be using it primarily for gaming, I would go for whatever you want/fits the budget the best. From my experience (not much at all) having a better DAC, more features, etc isn’t really all that necessary as it’s more down to the sound design and quality in the game itself.

I mainly worry about the audio quality to pair with hd58x. I dont plan to upgrade anytime soon. I love the simplicity of the fulla, I don’t necessarily need mic.