Open back easy to drive planar recommendations?

If the X2HRs aren’t any different from my Sonys that would be great because I think the bass and sub bass are perfect on my sonys.

I do enjoy using my SHPs on HD mode with the GSX1000s for gaming on Modern Warfare specifically, 7.1 just doesn’t sound right in that game for whatever reason I think they might have implemented their own 7.1 within the game codec but that’s just a wild guess on my part.
The only problem with using HD mode is that it takes the mic functionality away from my headphones making my Vmoda boom pro useless.

I was originally going to buy the Syba Sonic DAC/AMP but I found the GSX1000 second hand for the same price of a Syba Sonic new so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.
It also works out a lot better for me since, well, gaming.

They have all the features I want in a dac/amp for gaming so as long as I could pair it with another amp without losing the functionality of my Vmoda boom pro, I thought they would be good enough for me at thing point anyway

The DT770s do look very enticing, but being that I wont be able to use my Vmoda boom pro with them and they’re roughly the same price as the X2HRs its a bit of a deal breaker.

I feel like I should add, that 99% of my headphone use, at a desktop, at this point in time, is for gaming, for music I mostly use my headphones portable.
So even though I love the idea of the DT770s, since I won’t be able to use them portable or with a Vmoda boom pro, I feel like they won’t get the use they deserve.

I know a desktop mic is a viable fix to this issue, but for the next 2 months I have to be conservative with what I buy since I’m moving to the US to study by February. I feel like a desktop mic would just be something I would wait till im in the US to buy. (Im from Australia btw)

i would wait till you get here to buy about anything. i am not an expert, but pretty sure just about anything you buy will be cheaper here than australia. you got decent enough cans for now. save your pennies till you get here, and a whole lot more will open up for cheap.

2 Likes

I second the motion to wait till you actually get here, you will get better value for your money and it gives you the time and enjoyment to better research what you purchase with so many more options available to you. On the budget side, if you are not averse to closed back since you already own the SHP9500, possibly the Sivga 006?

1 Like