Open back headphones help

I wonder (as i havent tried them myself) if you might prefer the 880 over the 4xx. since the 4xx as good as it is as bass could be considered a bit bass light depending on what type of bass ur looking for. and it is a pretty bright headphone. The dt line i have expirience with so i can for the most part assume the bass will be up to par with what your looking for

600 ohm all the way imo, you have the amp for it lol, and it’s more detailed and refined compared to the 250 ohm options

2 Likes

I would go 880 if you have any semblance of treble sensitivity

1 Like

You can put some thick foam inside the pad to dampen the treble (it does bloat the bass a bit depending on what you use).

Did you try the Brainwavz pads? For me that made a world of difference, I let them sit in my drawer for about two years before that. They’re definitely a sharper headphone, but I’m guilty of liking those.

no I havent but hard for me to reccomend a headphone I didnt enjoy without a pad change. the 668b had nothing to offer for me. i do like some bright headphones for example the 990 but in this case I wouldnt even recc that

If you’re okay with 9500 treble then 4xx treble shouldn’t deter you from considering them

1 Like

I was also looking to the 58x but as I live in Europe the 58x I have to buy imported from the USA cost $200 while the DT880 is $145

well how available is the fiio k5 pro for you?

Since he has a liquid spark I don’t think that would be an upgrade imo

If you have the ability to eq as well and you find the 4xx bass lacking at all it handles a little boost nicely :ok_hand: recently tried that out

Okay? This is why I was recommending them to OP, not you.

and I was just saying they arent a great pick for one. due to treble sensitivity and he can get better for his money particularly for his taste in music.

ah didnt notice that

Yes, 600 ohm all the way over the 250 ohm version of the DT 880. They sound better at the same price.