Opinions on Advance Acoustic maa-406

I was offered a Advance Acoustic MAA 406 poweramp for 250 euros. Is it a good deal?

The owner is not very good at english, but he wrote to me
“I don’t know exactly how many years. I think that around 7-9
I bought it about four years ago from the hands.
There was a repair, It was repaired to me.
Repair - false positives for power protection.
The amplifier works normally for a year, after repair.
Now there are no problems”

Any opinions on this brand/deal and should I be worried that it was repaired a bit? Im not sure what he means by “power protection false positives” :smiley:

I think that’s a pretty good deal imo. The repair part is a bit worrying to me. It seems like there was an issue with power delivery but it most likely is fine. But listen to it yourself if you can

Here are a couple listings

I think i will go over and give it a small listen. Although im not sure what i will do with it :smiley: Clearly too much power for the RP600Ms :stuck_out_tongue:

That just means more headroom, I do think it would give a quality bump from your current amp (although I can’t quite remember what your current amp is)

Its an Onkyo A9110 :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I do think you could notice some differences for sure

It kinda makes me wanna start saving up for Schiit Freya preamp :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

@M0N

Would you prefer a NAD C 272 over the Advance Acoustic?

Found an interesting local store here http://www.hificlassic.ee/tootekataloog :smiley:

Thanks for your responses : )

I personally would but it depends on what price you can get it for

Currently its listed for 300 euros, but probably could get bit down, more close to 250-ish

I think it would depend on what sound you like. The AA would be the warmer amp in my experience, but the nad is a bit higher quality imo

Sony TA-F770ES + remote - 390€
Marantz PM-82 + remote - 270€
Marantz PM-17 400€

any opinions on these three? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: