Oppo HA-2 SE Upgrade

Hello there Im looking for an upgrade to my Oppo HA-2 SE. Is it still viable these days or has some other portable DAC-AMP combo beats it in around the $200 category?

Imo it’s still pretty solid and I think you would be looking in around the 500 ish range for an upgrade to it, the oppo is still pretty desirable

1 Like

I see, is the Monoprice THX portable or the Fiio Q5s a good upgrade then?

Imo I prefer the ha2se over the thx, and I think the fiio is on a similar tier as the oppo, but the fiio does have a fair bit more features imo. I think you would be looking at something like a chord mojo or ifi idsd micro bl as a solid upgrade

1 Like

Ahhhh Ok then. Thanks mate for the recommendations.

I own the HA-2SE as well and to “upgrade” I think your looking at a $500 to $700 USD. Minimum. Even at that price point you might be disappointed with the build quality. If there is a feature set your missing or you need something because you changed how you listen to music you need to add that to your set up, by all means. Or is you want to add a new tone to mix it up I totally get that. There are a lot of fun options out there based on how much you want to spend.