Out of these. what would you all think best

Audio-Technica (ATH-M60X)
Drop + HIFIMAN HE4XX
SENNHEISER HD 559 or other 500 series
Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR
these are the 4 that i have come down too. in my price range. what do you think is best for Movies and casual gaming no FPS, RPGs and the like.
unless you have something better in the 200± range.

I vote X2HR, soundstage is decent with plenty of bass

1 Like

I vote the HE-4xx…and recommend you add the Sennheiser HD560 to your list.

1 Like

:laughing: personally I feel 4XX has a smaller soundstage and less bass, which IMO is crucial for movies and casual gaming for that immersive experience, and it likely requires a half decent amp as well whereas X2HR won’t. But otherwise it’s a solid choice that can’t go wrong with

1 Like

Speaking strictly from a music perspective, how about the Senn HD58X’s? Great bang for the buck, but I have no idea about gaming suitability.

2 Likes

X2HR is probably cheaper, 58X’s soundstage is not the widest, but also solid choice

1 Like

thats a hard pass from me

has a love hate relationship… not a fan due to lacking bass from hifimans… just not good for casual use in my opinion especially not for games like DOOM

jack of all trades… 559 and 599 are quite bassy… a bit too much imo… 58x jubilee and 598 strike a good all round balance so I can recommend these 560s is the other option but is more reference neutral with some tones of brightness… still good though

its not bad for its price point… but I would easily take a tygr 300r($200) over this immediately if price isn’t an issue… flabby bleeding bass is obnoxious. Regardless, very fun sounding headphone. I think a very great step up option to this is either tygr 300r or absolutely the harmonicdyne zeus but zeus is outside budget…

I have used so many gaming headsets (40 and pc gaming since 12), they I switched to the SHP9500, I will never play closed back again.
Most recently I had the Rog Delta USB C and the Logitech Pro X wired. SHP9500 and the Go XLR/On board Soundcard was significantly better.
I have the 6xx and Zeus Headphones now and they are also significantly better than headsets listed above.
Going to start testing IEM’s too.

1 Like

4XX. Get hooked on that planar sound and never turn back :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually just got my 58x’s yesterday in the mail. I’ve already done some gaming in them and they are quite nice. They have a touch more bass than I had expected (not a bad thing) and the sound stage is great!

1 Like

I agree on the SHP9500, they are an amazing pair of headphones at a VERY reasonable price.

Cool! They are Huge bang for the buck. I preferred them over HD600/HD650/HD6XX. I ended up with HD660’s, which I think is just a nicer version of the HD58X’s. :grin:

I think you are correct on the nicer part. I prefer the way the 660’s look. But after watching the Z Reviews of the 58x’s I figured I’d get a pair of those and take out the foam and have almost the same ones. I’m really enjoying them so far.

1 Like

I find all the Senns look pretty similar. I liked the bass kick of the 58’s, but prefer the overall sound of the 60’s. Of course I got a pretty good deal on an open box.

1 Like

This is the way. This is usually what helps me choose. Pick two of the best options and see how good of a deal one can find.

1 Like