Outdoor Speakers

Outdoor speaker recommendations. Either powered or passive with good dac/amp for outdoor use. Need Bluetooth. Will be under roof, so they won’t get direct weather effects. Up to ~$250.

I’m not too familiar with outdoor speakers, but I did snag a good deal on a pair of Definitive Technology AW6500 which were pretty nice, and when they go on sale or if you find a deal, you could get a cheaper receiver with bluetooth (if that’s the type of outdoor speaker you are looking for)

JBL has a big selection and okay sound quality (we are still talking bluetooth speaker here). The "Charge" series also doubles as a power bank.

Good Deal?

For per speaker that’s pretty good, so 200 all in for the speakers, so you would have like 50 bucks for the amp, so you could look into a used or refurb bluetooth receiver or something like an ad18

Anything with more power than the AD18 @ 8 ohms around the same price? BT + remote

This would drive them just fine but be kinda over budget. The reason I recommended the def techs was because they actually sound pretty decent and have survived pretty harsh winters, but you kinda pay for that

can it run 4 speakers up to 100 w each? curious now about this unit myself

I wouldn’t assume so tbh, you might take some sacrifices with sound quality for that one. You would want to look into something more like the parasound ZoneMaster 450 for example (there are much cheaper options, this one just came into mind)

1 Like

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/patio-porch-deck-outdoor-speakers/97

that link has varying priced outdoor speakers. the link above it is a def tech alternative for cheaper.

with some of the 5 1/4 sets, you could afford an outdoor subwoofer as well. if you are streaming bluetooth as your source, you could hook them up to just an amp, instead of amp/dac combo.

something like that.

Uh for outdoor sound and 4 passive speakers I would not worry and just get a used AVR on eBay. There are thousands for sale for less than 100$ probably.

1 Like