Overnight Sensation (DIY)

Anyone build these? I just ordered the kit from parts express. Working out what to use as an amp/ dac for them.

I have not built them, but they can not handle a ton of juice. Most small stereo amps should work fine with them.

1 Like

that is a pretty common amp paired with the Overnights

1 Like

Thanks, i will check it out…

So I pulled the trigger on a Khadas Tone Board for a DAC and a Micca OriGain Amp to pair up with my Overnight Sensations.

Going to take a few weeks until I receive everything and get the speakers built.

Looking forward to my 1st speaker setup and it being budget and DYI… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

nice, those should work well. you should be a happy camper =)

1 Like

Received my kit… Time to build…

3 Likes

Crossover layouts done, time to solder…

3 Likes

1st one finished

1 Like

Received my Micca Origain Amp today.

Got my Khadas Tone Board…

2 Likes

Tone Board paired with the Origain… (I have a case coming for the tone board)

2 Likes

Looking good so far, great pics to!

1 Like

Gluing up…

2 Likes

Nice looking cabs. I have not tried PE cabinets yet, think I will have to! What straps are those? I love them and would be waaay more convenient than clamps for small bookshelves. I been making them for friends and family for a few years now, addicted to building lol =)

1 Like

They are Powertec Deluxe Band Clamps, bought them on Amazon.

1 Like

last night I tried to test my crossovers to make sure they were working correctly before I mounted them inside the cabs and glued the front face on. my test was a fail…

Today I found a different passive speaker to test my DAC-AMP-SPEAKER WIRE path as good. Turns out the problem was the Micca pre-made speaker cables I bought. The crossovers are good to go…

2 Likes

Interesting that the cables turned out to be the issue, well that’s good that your crossovers are good

2 Likes

Another step complete… Time to put the face panel on…

2 Likes