Pairings for Listening Party

I’m having a few people over for a listening party and this is what I’m thinking for amp/DAC pairings.

SU8 - RNHP+ESP95x

Turntable/schiit Mani - Loxjie P20

Fulla 2 - Atom

ES100 - Vali 2

Bifrost 2 - Jotunheim+Project Polaris

Anything I should shuffle to make it better?

1 Like

Personally I would swap the bifrost 2 and su8, so you feed the higher quality amp a better dac, and give the jot a bit more analytical signal from the su8 so it doesn’t get as muddled, but that’s just me

2 Likes

The Bifrost and Jotunheim aren’t mine, so I’ll see if my friend is down for that. Are the other 3 pairs good to go?

Does the Fulla 2 really need to be paired with an Atom?

Which would be better? This is all the gear I’ve got. I was thinking either fulla 2 or es100 for atom because I can just run an aux cable from them.

I don’t think the Fulla 2 really needs an amp unless it’s driving something a bit harder to drive. The JDS Labs and Fulla 2 are both op amp based so the sound signatures should be practically identical. I wouldn’t include an additional amp unless you’re driving some hard drive headphones.

I do have a second Fulla 2, but it also works as a DAC (has a separate fixed line out). And I need a DAC anyway for the atom

Right, I’m just saying the only difference between a Fulla 2 and a Fulla 2 with an Atom is the cable. If I were to use the Fulla 2 as a dac only, I’d connect it to an amp that has a touch of coloring to hear any difference out of the Fulla 2 directly.

Gotcha. Fulla into Vali would be better then :+1:

1 Like

That should work. Also, Jason Stoddard of Schiit wrote a post on blind testing… he personally hear a difference from the Vali 2 and the Schiit Heresy. So… the stock tube apparently sounds the same as the latest clean budget amp which also sounds like a more powerful Fulla. But… Vali + Fulla 2 does sound like a much better pairing.

1 Like