Parasound zamp v3 impressions

Good evening everyone,

I pick up the parasound amp to replace my micca origain. Right away I noticed a big difference. The clarity and separation between instruments was much better than the micca. I always felt like my ears were straining with the micca, but the parasound helps them relax.

The power was a huge upgrade. I have elac debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers and with the micca I had to run the my magni at 1/2 on high gain with the micca at 1/4 to 1/2. With the parasound gain at noon, I can keep the magni at 1/4 on low gain

A little bonus, unlike the micca, is it doesn’t have a huge power brick! It keeps behind my computer much more organized. Also being able to run my subwoofer off of the loop connection was a life saver. Thank you M0N for the recommendation and letting me know that was a thing. Lastly it’s compact and fits on my desk well.

One down side is the connection terminals on the back of the unit are pretty close together. Wiring them with bare wires, as opposed to banana plugs, would be a pain.

3 Likes

Nice, glad you are enjoying it, it’s a sweet little amp :+1:

Hey a fellow zAmp user! Yeah, they run my JBL 530s fine. I don’t even have the gain halfway up for desk use. And it’s really nice to have a Class AB amp in that size with decent power. It’s perfect for desk use. And the loop output makes it perfect for the sub as well which is why I ended up getting it (no need to mess with splitters).

I haven’t heard that many dedicated amps, a few Class Ds and mostly A/V Receivers so I can’t talk on the sound quality, but to my ears they’re great.

3 Likes