Passive/Active crossover under $100?

A used minidsp 2x4 may be an option, but I really only want to high pass bass frequencies with the setup i’m wanting it for. Fmod 70hz rca high pass filters are questionable it seems, and it’s a shame as they were going to do exactly the job I needed. :(

-Edit- Anyone?? I’m thinking about using a car audio high pass as they are far cheaper and It’s okay if the sound quality isn’t exceptional, I just want it to be pretty good.

Probably most of us have executed the high passing in different ways.

RCA cable filtering or car audio filters are not the most common way. Technically yes but i still would prefer the more common solutions. Still not sure for what setup of setups of this setup is for?

1 Like

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CCS

Not a fan of Behringer, but it is cheap.

1 Like

I want to add a sub to this system for cheap, it will be media only (no music)

TV Sound Setup - PCPartPicker

AmazonSmile: KabelDirekt – 3.5mm Y Adapter & Jack & AUX Splitter (1×3.5mm Male to 2×3.5mm Female, Connect Two Sets of Headphones to a Smartphone/Tablet/Notebook, Stereo, 4in, Black) : Electronics

AmazonSmile: KabelDirekt – 3.5mm to RCA Splitter Cable, Cord (3 feet Short, 3.5mm Aux to 2 RCA Male Audio & Auxiliary Cable, Double-Shielded, Pro Series) Supports (Hi-Fi, Stereo, Phone, iPod) : Electronics

AmazonSmile: KabelDirekt – 3.5mm to RCA Splitter Cable, Cord (10 feet Long, 3.5mm Aux to 2 RCA Male Audio & Auxiliary Cable, Double-Shielded, Pro Series) Supports (Hi-Fi, Stereo, Phone, iPod) : Electronics

Monoprice 12in 150-Watt Powered Subwoofer, Black - Monoprice.com

I’d like to run a 3.5mm splitter from the BT receiver to 2 3.5mm → RCA lines, one to the speakers, one to the sub, and I really want to cut the lows from the speakers.

Would it be more simple solution just to use SUB/out from speakers to sub?
I would imagine the Bass- (bass minus) lowers the bass levels from speakers or Plug ports and so on. Then just balance out the sub so they equally loud or sub louder. How you want.

Everything would be much simple.
BT receiver to → RCA lines → Speakers → RCA lines → Sub.

Any particular reason why cut lows from speakers other than using the remote function to fade them out? Cheapest and other solutions (setups) will bring some compromises always to tolerate.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the sub out is affected by the bass control or not

This is the question of our times. Think you have to spend $299 on a sub for high pass filtering. On amazon the only option is deftec 8in discountinued stock.

A passive device like the $28 FMOD might be whats in a $299 subwoofer. The only true solution is likely DSP. From what ive read off the REL website and why they dont offer hi-pass filtering.

emotiva has great high pass filtering in their se8 ($300) and se12 ($400) subwoofers (even cheaper on factory renewed specials @10% off), but it would double the entire budget. I’ll probably just run an fmod and cross the sub over and hope for the best :(

Just cant put my finger if its cutting the db enough to protect against movie/rap BASS
I know its doing something. Sounds good though with my 2.1 combo.

It should be alright, since it’s not going to be used for music.

Maybe dont crank the gain on the monitors. In the other direction for me, need more amp.