PENON FAN2- Fanpage

I realize I haven’t written here yet. So here are my thoughts on the fan2 I got thanks to communities and the newsletter code.

Fan2 is not an iem that matches my usual target. I like neutral/bright signatures (OG Olina, studio4) and consider myself bass-sensitive: give me too much bass, and it will distract my attention from my beloved vocals.

But I like the fan 2, despite it being a bassy set. I like it because it doesn’t fatigue me. I like it because the technicalities it brings aren’t eaten by the bass.

As for tip rolling, I saw many people voting for tips with large bore, to make the set more balanced. I took another route, and tried to play with its strength: I made it a even bassier set by using Final E tips.

At the end of the day, I consider fab to be an upgrade over the Mele. It can’t be my everyday set, but I find myself reaching for it way more often than any other “secondary” set when I want a fun listen of energetic music.

For those who didn’t try it already, I’d advise listening to Billie eillish album: the texture of the bass is amazing, and the vocals aren’t masked by the thump.

3 Likes

One thing I never understood about the complaints people had about Fan 2 was how they were mad it didn’t do something: Mad it didn’t have more sub-bass, or the treble cut, or lacked extension…whatever.

People got so mad at what Fan 2 wasn’t, that they didn’t appreciate the set for what it is. It’s a really nice neutral tuning that has more bass emphasis than upper emphasis, just as you call it @Erokh

4 Likes

I guess people put high expectations on penon products, for whatever reason. But for the discounted price, it clearly is a great set.

1 Like

I worry about its fit, I have an IEM familar shape, Kotori daughless, I wonder F2 can fit me?