šŸ”¶ Philips SHP9500

What do you think the differences in sound are? Iā€™ve heard the SHP9500 has a little more low end but less detail.

KSC75s with Yaxi pads are brilliant. =) Just got Yaxi pads this past week and they work well with the KSC75

1 Like

IMOā€¦ itā€™s the opposite of what you just describedā€¦ they are treble heavy with little low end. The X2s are more of what you just described. The nice thing about the SHP9500ā€¦ especially for people not used to itā€¦ is they sound VERY open with a nice sound-stage.

1 Like

Does the KSC75 have less low end than the SHP? Also yeah Iā€™m thinking about getting some Yaxi pads, they should work with my KPH30i too. Do the Yaxi pads change anything about the sound?

Yeah they change the sound a bit. They tilt things warmer overall, I feel. I donā€™t have 9500s on hand to A/Bā€¦ but I owned them for a number of years. IMO they have less low-end than the KSC75s based on memory.

1 Like

Really? Wow. Then I would probably prefer the KSC75. I saw a graph that showed they were similar in tuning to the HD650 with a little less sub bass.

Yeah, sureā€¦ I can see that. Just keep in mind they are definitely not nearly as resolving as the 650s.

1 Like

They also donā€™t have the timbre of the 650

Also yes neither have much subbass

1 Like

Is there a terminology thread on hifiguides?

Yeah
Iā€™d agree with that too. I listened to the 650/6xx for the first time again recently after having owned them a number of years a while back and they are really very very good still and hold up really well. IMO they are close to best in class under $500ā€¦ but that may be just meā€¦ I donā€™t necessarily have vast experience or anything.,

Not really because they differ from person to person lol

Gotta love subjectivity lol thanks

If you are ever confused, just ask and someone will give you an answer hopefully that is somewhat relative to the conversation

1 Like

I pad swapped mine with the eikon suede pads and now they sound like Argons.

The 9500? Really? Interesting

Yes. Im dead serious

The 9500s can change drastically with some minor physical tuningā€¦ Iā€™ve tried the stupid bass mod on them and they really turn into stupid bass monster cansā€¦ like really very dumb amounts of bassā€¦

1 Like

If only I could measure frequency response

Mod in questionā€¦ good times. They sound pretty terrible with the mod tbhā€¦ but the amount of bass is hilariousā€¦ The only thing that beats it is stupid EQ with the LCD2

1 Like

Dt880 respond similarly and are more resolving but I havenā€™t actually found the right pad yet. Perf leather pads may do the trick

1 Like