Pioneer VSX-D1s Dolby Reciever

I inherited one from my father, He got it new back in the 90’s. I then bought a second one for my office that was in PRISTINE condition and FedEx decided to mess it up. Either way I love it.

130wpc Clean and Japanese

6 Likes

What a beast!

1 Like

It would pair well with some classic japanese pioneer speakers. Check out the hpm100s. They are silly. Huge. Shipping them on a boat in the 70s must have resulted in complete loss of profit. But any who. They are incredible. Very akin to the heresy sound but with low end and that magic 70s pioneer personality

Mine are currently on their sides holding up my tv. No pics in my phone. Only found ducks. Next best thing

1 Like

My father bought a complete new stereo system when i was a kid. Just came home one day in 89. Maybe 90. Replaced 4 pioneer hpm200s and the biggest silver pioneer reciever from the 70s. My mom was furious. He got an adco. Gfa555. Adcom preamp sony es cd player. Some kef towers. An 18 inch velodyne sub with an external vole control module. Mom was furious. Im still mad at my father. He gave me that insane pioneer reciever and 2 hpm200…maybe they were 150s. Any way they had the 18 inch woofer and super tweeters. I ended up destroying that reciever believing old stuff was bad. I wanted a yamaha reciever with a remote. Plus it was black. If i could tell my 13 year old self to not be a dick. I still wouldnt have listened.

1 Like