Please help: identify these headphones!

my google-fu has failed me, so i’m hoping someone here can help identify these headphones. they were worn by James McAvoy in the movie Glass.

thanks in advance!

Almost look like panasonic retro headphones (RP-HTX7 in white/cream???)

Don’t know for sure, as they almost look like library headphones

1 Like

Also why is he wearing them over his hoodie

1 Like

spot on, mate, thanks!!

1 Like

That’s Hedwig from the film Split/Glass, he’s a beast! You gotta see Split if you haven’t yet, James McAvoy is so good in it.

1 Like

Looks pretty interesting, I’ll have to check it out!

I saw this quite often in college but usually with beats

But why. What is the benefit. Is it stylistic?

Just watched split today and :+1:

1 Like

I saw this quite often in college but usually with beats

But why. What is the benefit. Is it stylistic?

A stylistic why to make Beats sound even worse if that’s possible?

it’s both stylistic and sorta makes sense. because headphones are kinda big and too awkward to put inside a hoodie. I do with a beanie half covering my ears during the winter. to keep the head warm but the ears happy

kills the little bit of highs and mids it does have and your reduced to just bass

but for real though solo 2 and 3 aint that badcan be compared to something like a status cb1 just not as comfy.

I would just assume it muffles the entire sound

More on the hoodie part. Beats aren’t really that bad anymore (but they sure used to be). I still wouldn’t recommend them because of their price, but whatever

I would argue they have gotten better but the higher end models are still pretty bad but the solos are pretty decent for a $100

Didn’t realize that the solos have gotten that cheap. Still wouldn’t recommend, but some people just prefer a more form over function product