Portable Roon endpoint you can control with your phone?

Hey guys,

Just making sure I haven’t missed any products that meet what I’m looking for. I’d like a product that can function as a wierless roon endpoint (without resampling, so afaik, that means all android is out) and that i can control from my phone while it in my pocket/on the desk/wherever.

Only two options that do this are the poly+mojo and the hugo2go, correct? No daps that will work?

Unless Roon fixes the android bit perfect issue with their firmware update next week, you’re probably right and the Chord options are it.

If you are using a Nucleus as your Roon core it can transmit a signal via AirPlay, but in this case you are limited to 16 bit 44.1 kHz streaming. The HiBy R3 Pro (and Saber) are AirPlay receivers and work quite well as Roon endpoints in this way. They are the only DAPs with AirPlay that I’m aware of. As long as you don’t set up the zone as “private,” you can control any zone with the Roon app on your phone.

1 Like

Also, any portable running iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) can be a Roon endpoint and output bit perfect to a USB DAC/amp. iOS doesn’t suffer from the same resampling issue as android based players.

I use my old iPhone 6S paired with an xDuoo XD-05 Plus as a stack for a portable bit perfect Roon endpoint solution, and it works great.

1 Like

Wait, realy? I thought there were issues with apple messing with sound eq on their os

Not that I’m aware of.

I don’t generally use any EQ, but that would be different than the ability to pass a bit perfect digital signal over to a USB DAC/amp.