Power bars with power switch covers

they seem to be a rare thing. I asked my CyberPower, Tripp Lite and APC reps for options expecting a positive answer and got no’s, they don’t make them.

does anyone know of a reputable brand that makes things like this?

I’m only talking power bars, not surge protectors.

reason? my foot kicked the power bar switch for my PC and related gear and caused everything to go down. it’s happened a few times, which is why I asked my reps previously.

edit - actually, Tripp Light does…but their industrial, very expensive and have crazy long 15ft power cables.

I mounted my power strip outputs facing down under the desk.

Would just search for “Covered Switch PDU” or “Covered switch Power Strip”

There are power strips that are “button” operated or with smart/remote function.
Less likely to shut it down if foot operated.

I did this too. It works great…until you get sent a review unit that has a massive and heavy power brick integrated into the plug :unamused:

1 Like

Why not a surge protector tho?

because surge protection is redundant when it’s running off my UPS. I guess I forgot to mention that, sorry!

I mounted my power strip on the wall to get it out of the way of my feet.

Google Photos

I have one of this power bar with a deported switch. It’s the best IMO. I can keep the switch on my desk and the power bar on the floor. No more bending, reaching down, and fear of turning it off with my foot.

There are even some models were you have some sockets always on, and the rest switchable. Not sure you can get it in the US tho, amazon seems to not have it.

1 Like