🔶 PrimoCorp CD-3

This is the official thread for the Primo CD-3

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: On Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • Open Back 39.5mm DD

:red_circle: PrimoCorp Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

1 Like

Here’s my post from Head-Fi:
I’ve been using the CD-3 headphones for close to 4 months already! Extremely lightweight, so much so that you forget you’re wearing them. Comfort is top-tier, as you can expect from such a light portable on-ear headphone, but I must say that the pads are quite thick and cozy. Ever since I first tried them, they became my daily drivers, and I’m quite impressed by how they sound. It’s much more than a “pop tuned headphone”, there is great depth to sound thanks to the true open-back design.
DSC-0096.jpg
DSC-0094.jpg

4 Likes

Not a single day has gone by without me using these. I haven’t shifted much focus to how they sound, at least not in a critical or analytical way. All I know is that once I first got them, I hooked them up to my DX320MAX Ti and listened to the Geneva album by Russian Circles while I was on the bus. Was quite impressed, and I gotta say, I’m excited to analyze these professionally in the near future =)

2 Likes

I’m intrigued…where can I buy them from? dropping the name in Google doesn’t bring up anything in Canada let alone even North America.

1 Like

That’s a good question.

Outside of Japan, I’m unaware of any official distributers. There is an official USA one, but I think they only handle microphones.

Your best bet is to send an email to [email protected]

Direct from their store I guess :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Can You compare with one of the Koss models. Bright like the KSC75 or warm like the Kph30? Would You consider it an overall upgrade from the Koss stuff?

1 Like

I am equally as curious as you about the comparison between the CD-3 and Koss headphones. Unfortunately, I don’t own any of the Koss headphones, and never even got to try any of the legendary stuff.

Hopefully someone who does own the Koss line-up gets their hands on these and compares them

they don’t ship outside of Japan.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Oi @voja buddy where’d you snag your set from?

2 Likes

This is why I suggest directly reaching out to them by email.

My pair came directly from Japan, but I did ask for a review sample. Once I clear out some big projects that I’m currently working on, I plan to dedicate my time to writing a full review on these.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with me and thinks I’m here to cause hype, or am paid by the company to promote the product — I am not. I’m an independent writer, I receive no financial benefit from writing, nor do I get paid by companies to push products to the “market”. I explicitly state this in my reviews, but I find it necessary to mention it here. Don’t want anyone to be under wrong impressions =)

2 Likes

I call dibs when you sell them afterwards!!!

2 Likes

I don’t sell the review samples =))

time will tell…cackling laughter…time will tell.

1 Like

Well, I see this page on Amazon (US), so maybe we get lucky in future?

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/CD-3/dp/B0BWRJ8F8F

2 Likes