Probably asking the wrong crowd but any Kpop connoisseurs in here?

Its super interesting to see that alot of people these days hear this type of music, I remember japan being really ahead of techno type of music but anime style music of the underage idols type of groups were the biggest things

Oh yeah 2ne1 was legit. 4minute too had some LEGIT hip hop feel. This song is gangster AF

Well it’s obviously based on Western pop, primarily from the golden age of girl-bands and boy-bands, but it’s a version of that on steroids. It’s extremely flashy, industrialized and overproduced on all aspects from the perfectionism of the dance moves, the vibrant colors, flashy clothing designs etc., and it requires extreme training and discipline from the artists - they have to put them in training camps for this stuff, and when they get them in too young they’re basically destroying their lives. (Not that it sounds bad, I’ve found myself liking the pure music part of it before, but now I can’t stomach it since I know how it’s produced.)

Yes, I agree about Lee Hi being underrated. I wish she released more often. Her latest mini lp release 24c has some real gems on it.

Kim Feel on the show Immortal Songs…

Sejeongs voice is so beautiful… From the Netflix series Mr. Sunshine OST…

I generally prefer my Korean “Pop” on the mellow side LOL.

1 Like

Oh noooo, this is the armpit of korean music right here. It was apparently created in 5 minutes by multiple people and it really makes sense looking at it. Worst girls generation song

1 Like

I love sejong too, produce 101 the original was fun. Her song with taeil was good too.

1 Like

Her album Rising from the Ashes is worth a listen, here’s a track from it…

2 Likes

lol never thought i would get a rec for korean music from you ohmboy lol. and i don’t know if i would consider it kpop, altho it is definetly korean

1 Like

sounds really old, can’t imagine it is tho which is interesting. not to mention that i surprisingly haven’t heard of her

it is good, thnx for the rec!

1 Like

From a youtube video called “K-pop songs to strip to”… yeah. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

red velvet always with that weird style lol. love it. haven’t looked into their albums but this reminds me, i have never been let down by their stuff. should look into them more

1 Like