Problems with the EarStudio HE100

I just got a pair of EarStudio HE100s and it actually feels like something is wrong with them. When I listen to music the bass and mids are actually completely gone. The vocals on some tracks completely disappear.

I have them plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. When I plug them into my phone or directly into my desktop computer it sounds fine. I do not understand why this happens.

Going to guess it’s a problem with the 1/4 inch adapter you are likely using on the focusrite to plug the iems in, it probably isn’t making proper connections internally due to the HE100 coming with an inline mic (the adapter is expecting a 3.5mm trs and not trrs). So perhaps try some different 1/4 inch adapters? And make sure the adapter is fully seated on both sides if it isn’t already

1 Like

Wow, it was really that simple. I’m lucky I had another 1/4 adapter to try. Some of the bass and mids is back but it still feels like something is missing. Perhaps they just aren’t my kind of IEM. Thank you @M0N

1 Like

Nice

I’d give it some time, also now see if it’s reasonably close sounding to right out of a phone or desktop. It won’t sound the same given the different dacs and amps inside them, but it should sound close now, if things still sound pretty different on the earstudios then you still could be having adapter problems

But if your main goal is to use them with the focusrite, I’d prob get something different without a microphone to avoid the adapter problem in the future if you aren’t feeling these. I’ve never heard the HE so I can’t comment there lol

1 Like

I swear changing the adapter did something but the main issue seems to be I was just wearing them wrong like a god damn fool :slight_smile:
I never used IEMs so I didn’t know you had to push them in to achieve this airtight seal or whatever.
Yes, rookie mistake, I know. Thank you.

1 Like