🔷 PS Audio Sprout100

This is the official thread for the PS Audio Sprout100

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• 384KHz/24-Bit USB and Optical DAC in (Sabre 9016), Analog out and in, Phono pre in, sub out
  • 100wpc @ 4ohms & 50wpc @ 8ohms speaker out, 500mw @ 32ohms & 125mw @ 300ohms headphone out (actually pretty good)
  • Fits on a desk, warmer sound, remote

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

1 Like

I LOVE my sprout100. I have it paired with martin logan motion 4i and a cambridge audio minx201. response is fairly smooth with a chunck of warmth. The sprout100 has a warm tuned dac that for me works very well with the 4i’s as they have a smaller woofer and powerful tweeter. the minx201 seamlessly transitions with the 4i’s in my setup. But(all ways a catch) i have my minx201 behind my monitor in a corner setup pointed at me. I mention this because the sprout100 auto crosses over at 120hz if you have a subwoofer connected to the sub out. That means with a sub, some vocals and bass notes will come from the sub making sub placement more directional when combined with it.

With the sub out crossover flaw aside, as that will eliminate a chunck of people from wanting to use it nearfield/pc setup, I feel it is the best all in one for around the price it offers. The bass boost option if you do not have a sub, enhances the low end a healthy amount. But might be boomy with ported speakers.

I will be using my sprout100 with my pc for the far future as the setup meets my needs and it provides more then enough juice for nearfield.

2 Likes

What do you think of the headphone out? I think it’s quite good for a mainly speaker amp

its excellent, I use it for all my headphones that are not my t60rp’s. it will drive the t60rp’s loud, but not with the impact of a more powerful amp. but none of my other headphones are that demanding and sound great with it. it has a really good headphone out for most cans.

1 Like

I’ve been traveling a lot and I didn’t have my Sprout hooked up in any case as I was running my speakers and turntable off another amp. I hooked it back up to run the ps4 through it and fell in love with it all over again. I’ve mainly been using the headphone out and it’s really great

2 Likes

Ok… Been listening for about a week now, Sprout100 was money well spent imo.

I have Micca RB42’s and DIY Overnight Sensation speakers… They both sound equally great. Definitely a step up from my tone board and Mica Origain. I do not have exp with anything else so it is difficult to compare to anything else. My 2 sets of speakers sound great (to me). I listened to EDM, Acoustic, Rock, Metal, Blues…

I only have 1 pair of headphones, the HD58X’s. They also sound a step up from my Micca Origen and ifi nano bl. They are cleaner and less fatiguing at a higher volume level. I thought the HD58X were great already. The sprout100 really made them even better (to me). Really curious how the Sprout and the 789 will compare once i get my 789.

Bottom line, Zero regret for spending $600 for this product.

2 Likes

My setup…

3 Likes