🔶 Quad ERA-1

This is the official thread for the Quad ERA-1

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

Are they back again?

back again? when did they ever leave?

3 Likes

I accidentally posted in another thread. :roll_eyes:

I got a used set of these last week. Nice sound with a HUGE headband. Not quite as nice as the HiFiman HE6se V2’s. At least initially.

Put on the hybrid pads today. I am liking the sound. Certainly not bass light and vocals/horns are sounding very nice.

1 Like

I am just finishing up a week with my new to me ERA-1’s. They are a nice headphone, but that frame will never be a fit for me.

When I originally put them on, I was coming straight from the HiFiman HE6se V2’s. These are, to my ear, less detailed and less dynamic.

On Sunday I put on the hybrid pads. I was very impressed initially. After a few days the bass drop off got more noticeable. Also, the highs got a little higher. That was driven home today when I went back through my test list. One of the songs is Hello by Adele. Her wail got a little piercing for me. I put the leather pads back on today and went through my test list again. I much prefer their sound all around.

One thing that I recall on Friday/Saturday was sometimes the volume almost needed to he raised. With certain songs that had soft openings I felt like I needed to turn it up and then would have to turn them down as the song got louder. I have only experienced this once before, and that was with the Drop Edition XX. But I haven’t really noticed it since.

I would file these under a “sidegrade” option. They will not displace any of my top phones, especially the HE6se V2’s.

They are a nice headphone that do nothing wrong, but will likely be included in the next purge.

Tomorrow I will move directly to my Nectar Sound Bee’s, which may or may not be better than these.

QUAD ERA 1 Planar Magnetic Open Back Headphones now only $599 while supplies last!

1 Like