R-51M equipment recomendation needed

Hi, my friend is about to submerge into hi-fi and he’s getting the klipsch R-51M, his planning to have this on a kinda big room just for music, his budget is about $150 usd but he is willing to strech that. looking for suggestions

eddit: we are looking for suggestion to drive them, and amp or reciever or different options

So are you looking for an amp, a sub, a different pair of speakers?

gonna eddit thanks, we are looking for an amp or a good option to drive them. im pretty new myself

Ah, do you need a dac and amp or just an amp? The smsl ad18 is a great all in one for the price with everything you would need

The topping pa3 is a higher quality amp, but you would want a dac like a topping d10

1 Like

Yes, i own myself an AD18, we also looking at smsl SA300

The sa300 is pretty nice too, although I haven’t heard that one yet

hey theres one concern my friend read about something called “harmonic distortion” (not sure if thats it) but hes basicly asking if theres a chance the speakers or the amp can go bad if he uses a less power amp like de sa300 instead of a 100w per channel one

The distortion will rise if you push the amp too hard so that is something to consider, so if you did want more power this would be my rec

2 Likes

thank you so much, been a lot of help to us. ill let you know what he end up with

Nice, if you have any other questions just ask :+1: