šŸ”¶ RAAL SR1a

According to headphones. Com review it does. I think I posted it at the top of the raals official headphone page on here

Also raal sells it on their website as an option which I mean is a pretty good endorsement tbh

1 Like

Similar?

Kinda but I think M0N said theyā€™re evolved well past the AKGs to the point where they are their own thing now

Isnā€™t the guy that worked for AKG on the K1000 now working for RAAL?

1 Like

Yeah. But the tech is fundamentally different I believe while overall goals are the same. With their replaceable Ribbon Driver in the Raal, I would assume from a pure tech point it seems like its functionally closer to the heddphones in that way while being infinitely more resolving

The reason itā€™s so hard to drive is itā€™s extremely low impedance. Most amps arenā€™t designed to handle that low of a load, so they have to make a converter box to make it usable with speaker amps, but that box isnā€™t that efficient so it takes a lot of power

Raal also just made their own driver box for it too

Oh god not another HE6SE power needy brother?

Yeah pretty much, but itā€™s harder to drive for different reasons than the he6

Am I the only one that wants to see Z get ahold of this and go nuts?

1 Like

Kinda but I think itā€™d be a toss up between Seeing it as an investment in quality like Stax or being super indignant over the price.
Heā€™s gotten stuff through headphones dot com and they sell it so he could concievably get a review sample from them

Imo itā€™s pretty different than stax from my experience, only similar to stuff like the akg k1000, mysphere, jecklin float model II, etc (but not really all that similar to those either tbh)

I was more referring to the ā€œinvestmentā€ angle where you have to buy the headphone then a separate unique element to power the headphone moreso than how they function

Best buy a curio cabinet to go with like the Victorianā€™s did lolā€¦

37edc118355acd1648be2c59950eb751-2

1 Like

Ah gotcha, I was going more off of sound here

I meanā€¦ Doing a version of that for dust sensitive items like ElectroStats, Raals Etc with drawers for their equipment would be pretty baller tbh

Side Note: Iā€™m annoyed Headphones dot CA doesnt sell these headphones. The American Site does.

I know what you meant lol just having an embellish moment lol.

We all know how much he loves his comfort though. They look hella uncomfortable.

Iā€™m honestly surprised no one has tried to mod it yet since a lot of its pads and stuff are modular or can be replaced

They are decent but gave me a headache where they put pressure on my head