Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

Some decade or so ago, I injured my right shoulder…

I was prepping for competitive 20 yard indoor archery, and lifting weights during the same timeframe. I would shoot two competition games every day, and shoulder days included front lifts, side lifts, and military presses, all at 80%+ of one rep max, while chest days included flat bench press, incline bench press, and flat fly’s, also all at 80%+ of ORM.

It turned out that I did -not- tear a rotator cuff. I had a torn bursa in my right shoulder. Took me offline for longer than a year before I could pull my bow without pain.

Take good care of that shoulder. Eat plenty of proteins, get plenty of sleep, and baby it while you can. Joint injuries can take forever to recover, but pushing your luck will only result in weeks to months of delay!

1 Like

My day today could have been much better! So better fucking better that I had to deal with this shit! I ordered a RAM kit that totals to 32GB to serve as an upgrade to my rig, and I was looking forward to opening it up since my day earlier wasn’t so smooth therefore this is the only thing that would make it better.

But much to my dismay, the item I got is a fucking single RAM stick that is 32GB even though it is stated in your goddamn store that it is going to be 2x16GB RAM sticks but no, you just had to fuck it up therefore I am not even sure what the fuck should I even do with these right now and no, I don’t have the patience to save up money to get an another one of that.

So yeah I issued a return/refund to the seller, and for god’s sake make the item description much clearer for it is already a given that if I am going to get a RAM kit, it should be a RAM kit meaning two TWO of these minimal!

EDIT: In the end, it was my fucking fault! I fucked up for I did not get into detail on the description, for they indeed delivered the correct item and clearly stated that I will be getting a single stick of RAM. Well, looks like I have to save up again and buy an another one of this. I will do better next time.

I can’t believe what Major League Baseball has become. After a really good post season last year, I was looking forward to another season as good or even better. And then these evil, so-and-so owners pull this stunt. They aren’t dealing in good faith. They have this clown Rob Manfred trying to negotiate, and he’s just a lying POS!

They are at the point now where they are cancelling games. It makes me so frustrated I want to just not watch anymore even if they do come back. I mean, they have already priced me out of actually going to games. But I still love the game and just wanted to watch and listen to a potentially exciting season. They are making it hard for me to care any longer with the greed and the bullshit being displayed on both sides.

Just one more thing that has gone (or is on the path of going) to shit. Too bad. I feel bad for the players on this one. They got screwed last time the evil bastards did this. The real shame of it is that these shitbag owners don’t even like Baseball. It’s pretty obvious that this is the case. Kinda sad. I guess we’ll see how this plays out.

1 Like

Yeah totally agree, it is pretty tough to side with the Billionaire owners. A typical baseball career is under 3 years, and about half the time it was 15 years ago. Players have a relatively short period to earn an income, and only the best or most durable actually make real money.

I am guessing that baseball wants to model their sport more like the NFL, which is the least player friendly. The NBA might be treat their players better than any sport currently.

It’s a tough one. On the surface it just seems like billionaires fighting with multi-millionaires over money at a time when the world is hurting, and people could use the distraction of baseball. But I get where the players are coming from. This is their job, man, they need to have the best opportunities to earn and grow while they are in their prime. They need to get into the system and start earning reasonable money much sooner than they currently do. They are the product! These stinking owners are only on it for the money - they have multiple interests. As mentioned earlier, these fools, most of them anyway - don’t even like baseball. It makes me laugh when I hear these idiots sit there and whine about not making enough money. The “numbers” they try to back their case with are inaccurate at least and deceitful / untruthful at worst. Pretty hard to deal in good faith when you lie like that.

But it is what it is. Somebody has to blink eventually! The way things are going I’m guessing they will end up playing about 140 games this year. The real danger here is that with all these antics the game I once loved a lot is becoming less relevant. And the ones get jobbed the most are - who else - the fans. Stay tuned, I guess.

1 Like

hey
word on advice on ifi customer service and warranty repairs.
OG xDSD I owned developed USB interface fault caused by fault in their other davice - iGalvanic.
ifi is not only denying this, claiming that their devices never go faulty and calling me liar.
Be careful when choosing your next amp/dac. They can f*ck you over if they feel like.

@sebastien_chiu_iFi
Now I don’t like cross forum posts and I don’t know the history but seeing as it’s been raised here it might be of help if somebody from iFi who posts here has anything to add regarding this matter? :beers:

You see, i have used all possible ways to speak to if support.

Only reply I got is - it is impossible, our hardware is never get faulty neither it’s possible that it could take next device in chain.

We all know that electronic devices do break, in this case some extra spike sould damage the D+ and D- tracks, that’s it.

Denying it by saying it is impossible is taking a piss. How did they got so sure without even checking my xDSD? Only thing that they tried to do is sell me new board for the price > price of new device.

Worst customer experience I’ve seen in years, same typo of BS as linsoul does. An I know what I’m talking about as I’m working in CS.

PS. Cross forums posta were required to get some attention to this, as ifi basically told me to buy new board or GTFO.

I’m not denying your claim just asking if another iFi rep is prepared to comment or indeed try to help you in resolving your issues…can’t hurt know can it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi there,

I’ve been chatting to our Support Team about your case and would like to clear the air.

You bought the product out of warranty, used by a friend. We ran the serial back and found that this specific xDSD is a few years old.

I understand where your coming from, but the iGalvanic does not affect products this way - the likely case is that the xDSD was already broken when you bought it.

We’ve been waiting for a reply on your STS ticket for the past few weeks.

We generally always try to meet customers halfway if they are willing to work with us to come to a solution.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks for tagging me!

2 Likes

LOL no worries…there’s always two sides just wanted to set the record straight :+1:

1 Like

Hey mate thanks for answering.

Let’s clear some untruths that you have posted there.
But first let me ask you questions: is iGalvaniser USB connected device? Does it have electronic conponents i side that can fail? When failed obviously it can take the next device in chain.

Unless you co firm that iGalvaniser is empty box with no electronic components saying that it is impossible to take next device in chain during it’s failure is pure lie.

Now let’s get back to my case. I was never looking for free repair but because xDSD was fried by iGalvaniser I wanted to get some help as gesture of good will. Like I have offered to buy just the programmed XMOS chip so I can replace it myself.

Instead of good will I was called liar and ignored.l afterwards.

Oh, and the waiting for my response - you said it is impossible for this to happen and then ignored my offer to buy the XMOS chip. So how you can say that you were waiting for my reply?

PS. I have no access to my tickets in ifi support desk. Have you blocked my access due to this? Niiiiiiice

As someone who is completely irrelevant to this conversation and is not commenting on the service from iFi, I have a question out of genuine curiosity…

How do you think the iGalvanic3.0 (I am guessing that is the model you are referring to) actually damaged the next device in the chain?

What issue do you think it developed that would cause the next device in the chain to fail?

Again, this is out of genuine curiosity.

I have bought xDSD knowing that it was faulty (USB part, spdif and bt are fine). My friend explained it this way some time later:

“I came back home from work and noticed that iGalvanic was red hot (he leaves his PC constantly on) while xDSD was connected to iGalvanic. Immediately disconnected both devices and tried to connect the xDSD directly to PC - it was not recognised. ifi replaced the iGalvaniser but denied the xDSD fault as it was 1 month (!) after warranty”

So that is his story. He left that as is. I have decided to point this in support ticket with ifi that if that was case (and obviously was) they should offer some kind of help. I do understand that xDSD was out of warranty but the fact it was damaged by another ifi hardware should make them offer some help instead of offfering new board for ~300GBP, which is more htan new device over here.

I have opepend ticket after obtaining the xDSD and pointed the whole situation and asked nicely for help and guidance. Instead of that I was told that it was impossible that iGalvanic, even that it went with flames, would damage xDSD.
And that was end of conversation by ifi, nothing more.
Saying that they were waiting for my input is pure lie.

Only one who was waiting for anyone input was me waiting for ifi as I asked to make exception in this case to sell me just the XMOS chip programmed with their firmware, I have possibility to replace BGA chips.
This time I lost access to my tickets, seems that ifi support blocked it for me.

As I mentioned before - I knew the device is faulty and I was fine with it, using it as BT receiver. But after hearing how this happened I’ve asked ifi for help, instead I was told lies and later ignored. This is main reason why I started this - just to point that their CS is shady. It wasnt like that before, I got wonderful support 3-4 years back when I had issues with their another device.

This is full story

Thanks for the reply but nothing you said had anything to do with my question.

As I said, I am not getting involved in the discussion of who is right, I am just interested in how the iGalvanic can damage a device that is after it in the chain?

it is electronic device. Simple component failure could put bigger than expected voltage on the USB out data lines and burn them.
And because the iGalvanic failed this is what most likely happened, iGalv burned data tracks in XMOS.

Ok, so it’s a guess.

I am not saying that this is not what happened, as I am not an engineer, so I am not qualified to say yay or nay, but I do have a team of (electric and electronic) engineers here that I work with and your issue made me genuinely interested in the possibilities of this happening, as these are devices that are sometimes connected to tens of thousands of dollars in equipment (not specifically the iFi product, but the galvanic isolation in general).

The reply from three engineers all said basically that nothing is impossible but the way that galvanic isolation works (if correctly implemented) does not lend itself to this happening.

Sorry if this comes across as argumentative, it is not the case, I just like learning about stuff like this.

Again, it’s not a problem how this happened.
Issue is with ifi stating that they tried to help and we’re waiting for my input.

And I get I’m not fully entitled for help - get that and I’ve already let it go until I saw that post from ifi

This didn’t happen. They blocked my access to my support tickets and post that theyre waiting for my input? BS

I am not impartial on the topic. I was an NFL practice squad player for a year, an eternity ago, prior to them being covered by the NFLPA in 1993. If I had been on the other side of that 93 deal, it would have nearly doubled my pay, but lowered my chances of making the team in the first place ( they dropped the number of spots ).

The thing that started kicked off that labor deal was Reggie White’s lawsuit over free agency. His move to Green Bay was one of the best things to happen to the NFL.

1 Like