Rap, Hip Hop, R and B thread

Any fans of Freddie Gibbs? pretty much love everything from shadow of a doubt and before, his new stuff is ok but really think his older stuff is awesome.

3 Likes

Huge Freddie Gibbs Fan! Shadow of a Doubt is great! Don’t forget You only live 2wice! I think that was his most complete and cohesive project

1 Like

1 Like

agreed anything pre-shadow of a doubt is pure gold imo. esgn and midwestgansta are amazing too

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

these are 2 of my test tracks i use for new equipment. also a couple of my favorite rap songs from back in the day.

1 Like

4 Likes

Kevin rapping is always a treat, Big Wheels is great!

Found this track at the end of a youtube video and had to shazam it to find out what it was. Nice bass with a dark atmosphere. Cool track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEBWtpzPkk

Some newer releases.

2 Likes
1 Like

Damn, I wish I had discovered this topic earlier. Here are some of my all time favorites:

4 Likes

Pretty sure Above The Clouds is my favorite beat of all time. Preem is the GOAT.

It’s just very well paired with gangstarr’s slow and methodical flow here. I don’t really have a favorite beat rather a favorite album for beats. Which would be MM… food by mf doom. All the beats on that album are so much fun and you got the section in the middle where he teases you with awesome beats but doesn’t rap over them.

1 Like

Agreed Guru and Premier are one of the best. I don’t have a favorite album, but I generally like the NY sound, with a few exceptions. If you like Gang Starr, this might be right up your alley.

Also some great ones.

3 Likes

Guilty Conscience is that jam!!!

DVSN is always in the money!

Westside delivered as well!

I don’t know how but I completely missed the Alina Baraz :man_facepalming:t6::man_facepalming:t6:

What album is this son? Can’t seem to find it.