Razer BlackShark V2 / X?

inb4 “there’s no such thing as a good gaming headset”

Now that that’s out of the way, I’ve seen a few really highly regarded reviews of these headsets, I know they’ve only been out for just over a week but I’m really curious to hear an opinion from someone in this community if they’ve tried them yet?

There seems to be a lot of good things going for them on paper, and for the price, I mean, my expectations aren’t very high to begin with, so are they extremely good value or not even worth the $59-99 they’re selling for?

1 Like

Cooler master mh751 are the gaming headset that everyone here likes including me. No ever talks about razer here

1 Like

If you can and don’t mind open back headphones, go for the Philips SHP9500s and then buy the V-Moda Boom Mic pro, I think with that setup of those are good enough for your gaming needs and with a good mic like that would probably make it even better. But yeah, I agree the Coolermaster MH751 is one of the best headphones out there, not just for gaming but for other things as well.

Generally razer gear especially headphones the first to fail me. This one seems to be ok I’m just gonna have to wait till someone I know close to me buys it and I try it for my personal verdict. Whether it’s worth it or not that is the question they do have some completion with cheaper cloud models Logitechs and cooler masters.

Most gaming headsets are meh.

I would say there are good headsets

• Sennheiser GSP-series is said to be good (I can vouche for the mics not being shit :wink: )
  • beyerdynamic MMX-300
  • beyer custom game (I know some people on here don’t like these)
  • AKG HSD 171 (no hands on experience, reviews are good)
  • Sennheiser HMD26-II-100 (and -600) are both used in broadcasting at e-sport events (super expensive for a headset though)

Sennheiser HMD-300-XQ-2 is one I would avoid. Based on the HD-300 Pro, it has some issues including the cable being propietary as fuck and expensive.

I used the Sennheiser Game One for years, i still would say its amazing. Mic is one of the best ive heard on a gaming headset, super comfortable and good sound.

Yeah it’s a great set up, I’ve been using the SHP9500s with a vmoda boom pro for over a year now, I also use the vmoda with my Fidelio X2HRs and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros, I did a detachable cable mod so they have a 3.5mm headphone port like the rest. I run them on a Sennheiser GSX1000 for the dac, and was using an Objective 2 for the amp for a while, Im currently trying out the Magni Heresy but I’m gonna stick with the Topping MX3 as the headphone amp.

I only really asked about the new Razer headset because my little brother loves gaming brands that are easy to buy from local stores, I wanted to know if it was worth recommending for him.

Linus Tech Tips made a video about a Lot of famous gaming headsets and compared them to a dt 880 i think.
But in a convincing way.

I can tell you if a Headphone has somewhat of good imaging it will depend waaaay more on the source.
If im playing Hunt Showdown for example i will get the best Audio Experience ever.
In Escape from Tarkov however i will go crazy from weird Sounds.

All gaming Headphones usually are not good because of Shitty drivers. Because of a software that is built in to Simulate Surround Sound they still work in FPS.
So what you can do is buy a dt880 or some of the Headphones the other guys suggested with an actual GOOD driver and get Dolby Atmos surround sound Software which is one of the best for that and boom you have bashed all other gaming Headsets in every way.
I think it wont get better than that. If you dont want to pay a high amount for a good Setup. Im talking about thousands of hours of painful experience.

But careful Surround Sound softwares usually dont work with a seperate DAC going into an amp through cinch or balanced it doesnt detect anything.

1 Like

Not to mention the majority of them have multiple shitty drivers in each cup instead of using one good driver so it’s shit sounding multiplied.

To answer your question. No the Razer is not worth that price but if your brother likes how they look, the brand, and only uses them for casual gaming I’d say sure for 60 bucks or however much they charge at your local store. I’d still recommend a Cooler Master MH-751 if you can find it locally though

1 Like

Old comment but the majority have 2 drivers and use HRTF to simulate 7.1, The issue with HRTF is everyone’s ear and head are differently shaped so your results may vary.

Razer Nari is the only gaming oriented headset I remember with multiple drivers and full 7.1 cabling.

But I do agree with you that the MH751 is the best stereo headset by far at it’s price point. They’re very neutral and warm sounding like a Sennheiser type sound profile and very good imaging.

I just got my Razer BlackShark V2 Pro version home for $100, insanely fast delivered from HK to NL within 2 days lol.
Anyway love how comfortable it is, and the sound quality and volume is amazing.
Normally i dial up the volume on all headsets, i don’t need to do that with this one.
Only thing that bugs me honestly is, that the sidetone is too low volume wise.
I was ingame and i couldn’t hear myself, i was talking way louder than I use to do.

Looks like that one is going to be one of those Gaming Headsets that won’t sound shit. If that is indeed true, Razer did a good job on that model, but yeah lately I have not been a fan in terms of audio.