🔷 RebelAmp

Doesn’t the internal voltage matter? Like 230 will fit yeah but won’t that blow it up?

I am not sure I understand your question.

The EU power grid is 230V (creeping up to 240) 50Hz
US is 120 (in some places closer to 100V) 60Hz

The different plug offerings just have to do with the fact the UK has a very strict system with their power sockets (individually switched, fuse in plug).
If you live in Germany for example, ordering the UK version and sticking in any other C14 cable will work just fine.

You should just not order the UK/EU version if you are in the US (too low supply voltage) or the US version if you live in the EU (that will indeed explode).

5 Likes

How does this compare to a RNHP. It being a class A amp makes it different how?

IDK, I haven’t heard it yet, and a pure class A amp is just a different topology compared to others, can be either good or bad

1 Like

What class is the RNHP?

Class A/B amp

I don’t plan on getting one, but I’m hoping it’s good and I hope its the start of convincing at least a few more people to look at other things. #GatewayAmp

2 Likes

Lol yeah, hopefully it’s good, but I am very curious to how it compares to the asgard 3

4 Likes

I saw this thread earlier, and when I came back, I was told it was private or deleted, and now it’s back. I’m confused.

Ah it just moved to an official thread

1 Like

Think you can add the video review to the main header now… as it’s publicly posted on Rebel Audio’s website.

4 Likes

Direct competition for the rnhp at this price :wink:

Anyone hear it at can jam?

I also love the logo … it’s like :metal: amplified

1 Like

I get confused after watching Z man’s reviews over and over. In his Crowns Amp review he goes on and on about needing 2800 watts of power to driver his speakers. Then in the rebel amp review he talks about wanting to listen to 1 watt of Class A over 6 watts of A/B or D… If class A is so important or enjoyable then why did he get a cheap $ per watt class D to drive his speakers? Is the class A for beneficial for cans where class A/B or D are better for large speakers?

1 Like

It is a reoccurring inconsistency. :thinking:

2 Likes

I believe he got the 2800watt amps for overhead so he would never clip his amps, which was becoming a problem for him. Basically it’s just overkill for testing purposes.

The point I think he is trying to make with the 1 watt of class A vs 6 watt of other types is that the quality of amplification matters more than raw power output most of the time. So an decent class D with a lot of power is not as good as a really well done class A with less power.

2 Likes

Well, driving speakers versus driving headphones are 2 different things.

That being said, Z has a tendency to contradict himself often. I still watch and support his content, but you can’t really take everything he says as fact.

5 Likes

Did anyone OTF end up buying this? I’m on the email list when it’s in stock but I haven’t heard any user reviews or seen any for sale on the used market.

Would not be surprised if the poor guy who makes it is busy fending off reviewers and establishing connections to production plants.

1 Like

Also, it’s a really unfortunate time to be launching a business of any non-medical or logistic sort.

2 Likes

I love mine, working on a review for it still, life has been crazy lately. I loaned original one to a friend since I was out of town, and he wouldn’t give it back so I ordered another one.

8 Likes