Reccomendations going into midfi/highfi

Hmmm, personally I don’t know if I would reccomend that setup imo, kinda high price for what it is. Imo I would rather take a bifrost 2 + asgard 3 over the older bifrost + old lyr, and the lcd 3 is good but I wouldn’t buy the extras with it

I have an Auteur and its great a good tube amp would also give it more soundstage. nice warm sound

Thanks for the info will definitely look for info on the stuff listed and then decide whether to make contact

What is your current setup? I don’t understand what: RNHP for my amp and a SU8 for my DAC is.

Do you have similar impressions of the Zmf Aeolus as M0N?

As in the aeolus taking well to tubes? I do think they take well to tubes as do the auteur

As in the qualities of the headphones.

I have a lot of headphones. My main is my Auteur for a warmer dynamic driver sound and a Arya for my brighter planar driver sound. I use the RNHP for my Arya, since it wont work on a tube amp. and I use my Auteur on my tube amp which i just got. Its a Dark Voice amp.

The RNHP is a great amp 500$ best ive heard. A little warm but that suits my Arya since its quite bright. The DV 250$ is a tube amp and is very warm but works great for my Auteur. which takes to tube amps quite well. Gives it more bass and soundstage.

I use a SU8 DAC for both. Its from the SMSL company. it sells for about 250$ but i got it on sale for 180$ on Drop.

Yes my impression of the Aeolus is the same. I had it for a while and it sounds great and everything but its was too Dark for me. i changed the pads and it made it sound brighter but its more of a exciting fun headphone rather than a neutral natural headphone like the Auteur. and it lacks detail

1 Like

Ah misread, my bad, thought you were asking me a question

Without the RNHP and Bifrost 2, I don’t think I would recommend the Audeze LCD X… but with… I have a hard time listening to anything else I have.

Audeze started to add fazors to their LCD line starting 2014: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004057851-How-to-tell-if-your-headphones-have-Fazors

The last LCD-2.2 pre-fazor they made was at the end of 2013 IIRC.

I really like my recent LCD-2.2 prefazor (6/2012) acquisition ($350 used!). Little more neutral than my 5/2011 LCD-2.1 pre-fazor but still lush. The mids are a tad thicker on the LCD-2.1, but the LCD-2.2 has a bit more top end that was lacking the in LCD-2.1. Both are still relatively dark headphones.

I liked the LCD-2.2 so much that I purchased their headband upgrade. Out of the three headbands (LCD-2.1, 2.2, and the current one with the comfort strap), the one on the 2.2 was by far the worst in terms of comfort.

Might a hifiman sundara be good for her? its neutral right? and its lighter and has a suspention headband. cheaper too at 350$

Problem. Want/desire for bass.

Or maybe the HEDDphone?

If the rest of the gear can fit in the budget, obscure but not a bad idea!

Maybe a Denon headphone then? anyone know about their comfort?

Maybe. I’m curious about this so I know personally I have more research to do before anymore recommendations. When I hear the need for bass then Sony pops in my head.

They have made pre fazors up to 2015-early 2016 for the 2.2 for what I know, they are just very hard to come by. They started to add fazors in 2014 but all the new units didn’t get them immediately for the LCD 2. There were some very few pre fazor lcd 2.2 still being manufactured, and imo they haven’t quite gotten down the fazor until mid 2016 when pretty much everything had a fazor. Although now that I think of it I’m not sure if the one I had was 2015 or 2016, but it didn’t have any fazors and it was a high serial

Mon what do you think about a Denon headphone for this person? Its Neutral, warm, bassy. Im just not sure how it compares to the Elex for comfort.

Comfort is kinda meh for most people, perhaps a klipsch hp3 but the d9200 is pretty solid

She has an Elex which is the weight 450g. The Denon AH-D5200 700$ and AH-D7200 is 385g and the AH-D9200 is 375g. Not sure how much lighter that is.