Recommendation For good closed headphones that is also suited for gaming

I’m not against ordering from abroad but then I have to cut the budget down to around 400 usd

How would the Argon MkIII be for gaming?

It’s really good for casual because it’s so fun and the low end is great. It’s passable for completive but not ideal.

Would you say the dt 1770 pro’s is a good upgrade when looking at the dt 770 pro? I used to have have pair of dt 770 pro’s 80 ohm’s but they got destroyed in a house fire a year ago.

Well that sucks, for sure. The 1770 is definitely an upgrade in resolution, soundstage and imaging, and build quality. It’s the logical successor to the 770 tbh

the fire survived the 770 Pro? :wink: hope nobody got injured
sorry for the bad joke

The 770 pros tried to run but the cable got cought in a desk chair

Lol, the house fire happend when everyone was out so that was good but had to replace more or less all of my setup I had. But looking at the avaiability and by my experience with the dt 770 pros I think that dt 1770 pros is the thing for me atm

2 Likes

Good call. I’ve used a pair of 770s for audio work for a few years, and when I tried a pair of 1770s at CanJam they made me giggle a bit. They’re the same at 770, but substantially better at everything. They would have been my most recent purchase if NDH 20 didn’t exist. I only picked those because I use mine as a tool, not for fun listening. 1770s are fun and excellent.

Just wondering would the Ikko oh1 and ikko oh10 be good for competing gaming?

You would want to look for an iem that would emphasize the highs a little more, and something with less soundstage and better imagining performance. The oh1 and oh10 would be more suited towards music

which IEM’s would you recommend? I’m not well verse in the meanings of highs, soundstage and so on

You would want something with boosted and clear high frequencies so you would be able to easily pick up sounds like footsteps, reloads, grenade pulls/throws, or other sound cues. You would want sound that’s more intimate and sounds closer so it’s easy to pick up details, yet not sound completely inside of your head to get a sense of the environment around you. And you would want something with good imaging that allows you to tell where something is in that sound scape. You would also want to avoid something overly bassy to make sure that you hear other noises than being drowned out by explosions or other boomy sounds.

Unfortunately I’m not too well versed on iems either, since I’m perfectly happy with the ones I own and have no reason to look for more (and I mostly don’t game with iems). I much prefer to use headphones (specifically the ad1000x) with gaming because in my opinion it’s more accurate then in ears for locating sounds, but that’s only talking about very competitive games and most of the time good iems will be fine.

If I had to recommend ones I own for gaming, I would say I would pick my ibasso it03 at this price range, but it wouldn’t be ideal. I would say that my Inear prophile-8 would be great for games but it’s above this price range. I would suggest you research what is good for competitive gaming, because I haven’t tried enough to seriously suggest anything.

Fiio FH7 brings 3 different filters for soundtuning and lots of tipps, is not to warm from what I read
the stage is not too wide and imaging seems good with these

the pair stays in your budget

like always - start research on you own and ask in forums, read reviews and look at youtube reviews
check the availability in your country and the possibilty to send it back

Or Tin Hifi P1 read that these are quite flat/natural
not to big stage with good imaging and they are 169

I am not a gamer- so only an idea

The fh7s are very good for the price and would do the job, but the p1 might be too in your head for gaming

1 Like