Recommendations for a Dac to pair with A3

While I await my replacement Asgard (initial unit was defective), I was wondering what would be a good Dac to pair with it? I kind of have my eye on a SMSL SU-8. I like the versatility of inputs and outputs along with the subtle eq’ing that can be used and all controlled via remote. Not sure how it sounds though.

I would consider something like an allo revolution dac (with their 15 buck psu for now), that paired pretty well from my experience and is very tweakable on how you want it to sound, personally my preference over the su8 for a similar ish price (it’s worth the extra). Also upgradable overtime with one of their nicer psu like the shanti or nirvana. The main downside is the limited IO but if you can get past that it’s very nice for the price

Interesting…researched it and “Hans” about put me to sleep. What power supply did you use?

I have used their shanti psu, and also the 15 buck one from their site. The 15 buck one does a solid enough job to where I wouldn’t complain, but it does improve with the higher end psu. I did make a thread on the dac somewhere on here if you are curious about some of my more detailed thoughts