Recommendations on sub $200 IEMs?

Looking for some sub-$200 IEMs to stop my craving for new audio gear. I want to buy something close to the 150 mark, but without them taking weeks to arive (Tin P1’s :frowning: ) I am interested in something like the moondrops or BGVP DM6 as i would quite like a MMCX connector on my monitors, but it is far from a neccesity, i am also looking for good cables so recommendations are also welcome.

The moondrop kxxs are a great choice. Nice wire and great sound. But no mmcx though (it’s 2pin detachable)

The DM6 sounds wonky to my ears and I really wouldn’t recommend it if you haven’t heard it first.

1 Like

I decided to go for the Ikko OH1 due to them looking fucking awesome and being decently reviewed, the lack of mmxc is fine though because a 2pin balanced cable was super cheap, i can always send them back if i dont like them though :wink:

2 Likes

I got the oh10, and the oh1 is a great choice, you won’t be disappointed

And they have one day delivery, whats not to like. First time using something balanced too so i am quite excited…

If you compared the OH10 to the KXXS, what do you think would be best? I want something warmer than my TinHiFi P1 and I was looking at these two. Just asking since you seem to own both.

1 Like

I own the oh10 but have heard the moondrop a couple of times. Both are going to be warmer and less aggressive than the P1. The OH10 is wider than the kxxs and is a stronger v shaped sound, while the kxxs is more balanced sounding. The build on both is good, but I like the finish on the oh10 a little better. Although I actually find the kxxs more comfortable because of the oh10s weight. It hurts my ear canals after 2-3 hours and I’ve tried like every tip. The kxxs comes with a better stock cable imo, but the oh10’s isn’t bad. But I still like how they sound and look, so I keep them. I think they have similar detail from memory, so it’s down to fit and finish and sound signature.

1 Like

take a gander at the Final Audio E4000’s.

1 Like

The final audio E4000’s and E3000 are really good budget iems. I wasn’t really blown away by the E5000’s though, but if you have some extra money to burn, the E3000/4000 are a worthwhile purchase

Haven’t tried the others, but I have heard the Campfire Comet and thought they were amazing for the price.

Stretch a bit and get the LZ A6, one of my endgames now. Absolutely amazing

I have Campfire Comet. Used Foam tips. Yet to find anything to beat it within my possible budget.
t3+/it00/mele/tc-01/kanas pro/warner/salnotes zero/olina.

I could certainly see how your “unique” preference in tonality could be hard to match…

2 Likes

An almost 4 year bump lol

1 Like

and we’re off…

1 Like

is my choice strange? i dunno. maybe. but believe me it just blows away my collection except maybe Olina se.

The short answer is yes but honestly I’m mostly just poking a bit of fun. It’s your preference and that’s perfectly fine.

But if you feel like getting used to a different target you’ll need to EXCLUSIVELY use something like the Salnotes Zero or HBB Olina SE for a couple months or so with NEW songs. And then you can try going back to the Campfire and suddenly you might find those songs sound more “metallic” and “harsh” and just …wrong… on the Campfire.

On the other hand hand you can just stick with the Campfire and be done with this, IMO, expensive and pointless, hobby.

2 Likes

no no…i am seriously going to try your suggestion. As per Goober’s kind suggestion i got the JD7. i am looking to diversify as u advised. yes you are right i need to change songs/genres.
thank you
Best regards.

2 Likes

JD7 looks like a solid choice. :+1:

Hope it works out well for you.

2 Likes

thank you.
all credits go to Goober.
regards