Recommended IEM Cables

This thread is such a kryptonite. I don’t need more cables…

Yes, I agree. I have the same experience.

XINHS cable delivery including a free warranty replacement for my broken Z1R cable…looking :gem: now hooked up with their intended sets :+1:

13 Likes

Great collection. That IT00 looking like a unicorn meme, love it!

2 Likes

Lol yeah Ice cream and sprinkles…

4 Likes

So I’m running into an issue with this cable on the S9 pro and Timeless. Doesn’t happen with my other iems, its like a crackling or cutting out when i go to high in volume. Is this a power thing? Are there other USB-c to Lightning cables to try? Does not happen with the usb-c to usb-c cable that came with the S9 going into my iPad pro. This is using the Kinera system, i cant think to why this would be happening

Hey all, I have a basic cable question. If I have a balanced cable (4.4) on my IEM can I use an adapter like this DD ddHiFi All-New DJ44C Aluminum Version 4.4mm Balanced Female to 3.5mm Male Headphone Jack Adapter, Audio Converter for Earphone, DAP/ DAC/Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0922VY6FB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XAEM5VF0NPCDYFTVTBKD to convert it to single ended 3.5?

1 Like

Yep, just never ever ever try to convert a single ended cable to a balanced port.

4 Likes

The problem might be the sources from what I see. And what IEM are you using with?

You can try using iematch+.

He’s using Timeless. Planar needs energy.

@11_Clouds It’s the cable, probably… drainig too much power.

1 Like

Ah sorry, I’m a fast reader so only looked at S9 Pro then drew conclusion :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, planar needs power so you should need an Amp and check your sources.

This might not be the issue but if it happens with the lightning to usb c and not usb c to usb c while keeping every thing else the same… it might be because the lightning port does not share power like usb c ports do. So the S9 may be drawing extra power when connected to the pad pro and not the iPhone.

1 Like

yes it doesn’t occur with the other, ill have to test my other ones tonight, is there really no way around it? Didn’t occur with the BTR5 either

1 Like

I try to keep period where i await nothing: it forces me to enjoy the gear I have here and now rather than waiting for the next best thing that should arrive.

And I try to remember a phrase Johnny darko said: as an audiophile, you should spend more time searching for new musics than searching for new gear.

It is not a really successful strategy: I feel I’m on a buying rate that is way higher than what it should…

1 Like

My guess: when you use btr5, it uses it battery to feed the earphones. When you use your single, the phone’s battery takes the hit.

1 Like

Ya reading all this now, only the planars are taking the hit bummer

It is kinda strange! Right?

U were using s9 with the 7hz, and it was fine?

1 Like

It’s only with the iPhone usb to lightning, not with the included cable usb c to us can with iPad. I’m gonna test everything once I get home.

2 Likes

tumblr_n4ubivzRmB1ssnqqgo1_400

2 Likes