Recommended IEM Cables

What Cables do you personally rec?..This could be down to good Value, Comfy, No microphonic’s, Lightweight, Versatile, Have Improved the sound quality or it’s just a pimp, dope cable?

You can blame @PapaEmeritus for this thread lol…

My cable award cable goes to Forza for their Silver, Copper Hybrid series IEM Cable which ticks most of the above requirements IMHO.

8 Likes

Is it this one? Yours seem darker than the images on the site.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=75

Yep that’s the one but with the Semi-Transparent Black Insulation…Just thought it would look better with the Andro’s…

6 Likes

Yeah the black tint really makes a big difference. Looks great

1 Like

Versatility…a cheaper Dunu Quick-Switch cable, other plugs available separately :+1:

1 Like

Faaeal Litz copper cable measures really low, well built and cheap: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000400771561.html

1 Like

Fiio LC-RC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089Q7HMF7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dunu Hulk

https://www.amazon.com/0-78mm-Single-Crystal-Copper-Upgrade/dp/B083QFMQRG

1 Like

I have the Dunu DW02 and Hulk, plus the Forza copper. Of the 3 I like the DW02 the most, great ergonomics and really soft. I always remove the tubing around the ears, I hate it.

I’ve started making my own though, got some new wire and connectors arriving tomorrow - enough for 10 cables or so :smile:
I enjoy making them loads. Can make them exactly how I want without the silly molded tubing :sunglasses:

2 Likes

For a budget silver cable, I very much recommend the TRN T3. I have 3 cables so far, and really like them. This is one of the AE sellers.

1 Like

I wanted to try the TRIPOWIN cables from Linsoul, they might be a good fit for my Tin Audio T2s. But I heard the FAAEAL cable as well is also damn good for the price, and I think you deserve such cables after discovering literal gold like the BLON BL-03s, good IEMs but with shitty ear tips and cable, replacement of those with both better ones will turn that gold into diamonds.

3 Likes

Although I currently don’t have any particular recommendations, I do have a cable I would not recommend. It’s the premium cable from 64 audio. It’s overly stiff and even when I remove the tubing, the stiffness makes it extremely annoying to hook around my ears. Definitely would not recommend

It’s a nice cable, I’ve got one 2.5 2 pin balanced, the only problem is that they don’t make 4.4 balanced, at least I haven’t seen one.

64A generally have terrible cables. Ergonomics on them are some of the worst I’ve experienced. They seem to be trying to correct it, the Nio was released with a limited silver cable but we’ll see if it become the standard for them.

1 Like

My order arrived! I personally buy cables for the aesthetics and comfort, and these are very supple, manageable, and imo looks great.

5 Likes

yup these look good, high quality connectors/divider, measures very low and is super cheap in comparison to other cables.

1 Like

That cable looks really nice! Congrats!

1 Like

To me the best cable you can have is the Tripowin C8. 30 dollars and good enough for 99 percent of people.

1 Like

Agreed…but I love a good cable discussion and I appreciate a well made custom cable lol.

You have various schools of though on the subject…

A :- A cable’s just a cables end of
B :- Cables make a audible difference worth paying :dollar: for
C :- That Cable is art and looks dope on my set
D :- What’s a cable? my set’s wireless

3 Likes

In my humble and not very experienced opinion a bad cable might affect the sound yes, but I think that for 15, 20 bucks you’ll get a good cable for the majority of people (low impedance and good conductivity). I don’t think that over 90 percent of people can really hear a difference (blind test).

Having said that I agree that a modular cable with multiple connections is very convenient, nevertheless paying more than 70 or 80 €/$ is purely a personal decision and doesn’t really change the sound for better. (Again imo).

In fact I seriously doubt that most people can tell apart a well recorded 320 kbps MP3 from a 16/ 44 Flac.