đŸ”¶ Tripowin X BGGAR Mele

Anyone have experience with the Tripowin Jelly cables btw?
How’s the built/quality and comfort? Pin-straight easily?

I don’t own Jelly, but my first aftermarket cable (lol, little that I knew at that time) is the Tripowin C8. Their cables are nice, in my opinion over-priced when compared to aftermarket chinese stores like Xinhs, but do the job - which is transmiting sound lol.

Thanks for bringuing this up. I forgot to mention that Mele pin slots are incredible. Everything flushed right in, without need of force but without wiggle space as well.

Oh, and trust me, this should be normal, but unfortunately it’s not, specially on budget sets (Take GK10 for example. I had to punch it in. Still afraid to connect it to my cables lol)

3 Likes

Dang with all the praise the Mele is getting so far, Great job HBB!

I might just pick up a pair once I grab the Tea(or Oracle). Definitely can’t wait to see other’s impressions on it(especially if it beats out the Aria which in fairness where I’m at they both cost pretty identical)

2 Likes

I might do a full write-up review this weekend, still messing with tracks and timestamps to easy me with it. Keep in mind it will prolly be “regular/casual guy talk” more than technical vocabulary (the height, weight, resolution, etc).

1 Like

I have a Tripowin C8 from Amazon myself, and the straight-ability is definitively better than Yinyoo for sure, love the cable. But I didn’t know that Tripowin is overpriced, so the deal with the Mele would actually be a steal then?

The graphene cable talk got me intrigued
 but I’m very well aware of my own budget and allowance so imma just sit on that thought for a while lol.

I said over-priced compared to what I pay for other cables through Xinhs store.

As long as it’s built good and measures well, I’m good. I’m not a cable believer, specially on budget gear. I like to believe they might give the last 2% of your experience when you’re full set up on your end game gear and source combination. The opposite of tips, to me.

For me, 50usd+ cables are overpriced, and I own some. Some of my best cables costed me 20 or 30 bucks. I usually don’t like stock cables tho, the last revision of Mangird Tea’s cable is my best example. Resolution said that he noticed and improvement from the stock cable on Mele to this other cables.

I like to bring up precog’s example on the subject. His end game so far is a U12T connected to a 1k Dap. He uses a 10$ aftermaket cable :joy: food for thoughts.

Whatever improves your jorney, by all means, get it if you can. If doesn’t matter much to you, skip on it and save some good bucks. Sets and sources are expensive enough.

Well, lets not turn this into a cable discussion thread, but feel free to join the cable thread! We’re friendly, most of the time :joy:

5 Likes

Out of curiosity does anyone who has the squiglink for comparing FR graphs between different bits of gear is there a way to like put other reference tunings on it? I know that there are the FR target for reviewer’s preferences, but for newbies just getting started and can’t read into graphs as easily and hear things like “Oh this is U-shaped” or V-shaped or Balanced or Harman or neutral etc.

Like a general rule of thumb to help newbies learn by seeing what a “classical X-tuning” and compare prospective IEMs on them

1 Like

You mean this?

Resume about harman curve.

Crinacle article on how to read graphs - a must read

1 Like

That
helps a ton actually

Thanks!

1 Like

Gonna look for a local lad that have the same idea as mine and do a unit swap. Or better yet, buy one for my wife birthday and swap with her. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Relieved to see my thoughts werent unique and my ears arent that bad.

:pray::notes::notes: thanks @Strifeff7

6 Likes

You like the Mangird TEA.
Your ears are juuuuuust fine :star:

5 Likes

Really? As I understand graphene per se is a super thin ( one atomic layer of graphite which is one of only three naturally occurring allotropes of carbon) coating of wires. Why then are the coated wires thicker and therefore heaviet than the normal ones?

1 Like

I believe the graphene is the outer covering. The actual wire is this

“single crystal copper silver-plated graphene cable”.

The XINHS graphene cable is slightly heavier than most cables but it is very flexible and not stiff at all. The 8 core is quite heavy.

Don’t overthink this. The graphene cable looks and feels great and it also measures the best out of any of my cables. It’s my favorite cable. Most everyone who has purchased one from XINHS agrees. If you want a killer cable, just grab one. Trust us.

This is ridiculously good

5 Likes

Is there a link to the set @nymz has with mini xlr and the different terminations? I’d buy that! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Not on sale, its a custom, but if you show him my photo, he can do an equal set :slight_smile: I paid 10 extra usd for the mini xlrs. Adaptors are the default price.

3 Likes

This. @Resolution explained it better than I would.

He had that custom made.

I had this graphene cable custom made for the HE6se and the XINHS guy charged me less than a brand new graphene cable and this puppy is 7’ long! After I spoke to him about the custom work, he had the cable built, pictures of it taken and sent back to me and shipped by the time I had woken up the next morning. I had him add money to my bill because I wanted to tip him for all of his time and his custom work. Just contact them on their store and discuss what you’d like him to make for you. The guy was amazing to deal with.

9 Likes

Cool. Thanks. Will do. :call_me_hand:
Those Hifiman look dope. Nic pic!! :fire:

2 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910746107?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.564f65ecwuGGKG

2 Likes