Recommended IEM Cables

cant find any details unfortunately but theres no added resistance or anything its just the wire so i doubt it would be much

Nothing crazy here, but I am trying the Tripowin Altea 6N OCC Litz 4 Core

For reference I have been using their $20, 16 core cables, and while I like the lighter weight on this, it is fairly stiff. I really like the connectors color, so overall pretty happy, and well worth it, even as an experiment. These are $40 on both Linsoul and Amazon.

PS: Those tips are the Spinfit CP100+ and I am giving them a test this week.

2 Likes

High-purity pure silver swappable plug headphone cable :thinking:

3 Likes

Sweet! I love Fiio’s cables.

In before MMCX :slight_smile:

Alright guys.

Go !

Edit : sorry hit reply too early.
I came across this randomly on Aliexpress.
€ 1.521,60 for what seems to be… A cable transducer from Hakugei ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Anyone has this cable? Can comments?

BGVP H7 black Roland 7n single crystal copper 4-core 2.5mm balance 4.4 fever MMCX headset upgrade cable earplug

Where can i find this cable ?

sounds like a custom. show it to xinhs

Ranko Acoustics

Found the website after 5sec google, not sure where they have stores tho

No he is not custom
Linsoul Audio-Ranko Acoustics RIE-880 9.2mm Dynamic Driver Earphone

Probably proprietary cable only for KATO.

I meant, you can try to ask Xinhs for a custom to replicate it if he can :slight_smile:

1 Like

They just plug it to kato for commercial shots cz he matches kato mate color he is from another brand named ranko his model number 1050 . I did find it as a stock cable for 3 ranko iems

1 Like

Is this CEMA cable any good?

Here if you meant Prisma’s Weiss

Two custom XINHS from this sale
This is basically NiceHCK C4-1 twisted instead of braided. Judging by the pic, bulkier than BLOCC

I never asked but assume this is Blue Comet 6N Litz OCC material which XINHS has in other colors. So this a 6 core twisted version with 5 of blue and 1 of grey running up the right ear

5 Likes

Looks great bro, congratz :slight_smile:

They look kinda heavy tho.

Definitely heavy, but I have a 2 core of the C4-1 also but he didn’t get a good picture of it.

1 Like

Okay, got a super noob question here, but when it comes to cables, what’s the differences between twisted and braided cables? I know that compared to single strand cables they are stronger and be more flexible. Or is it just aesthetic preference?

Also about copper cables oxidizing and getting stiffer over time? I’ve seen a couple posts regarding that and wonder about how that affects the cable’s performance electrically and physically

It really doesn’t matter. Strength and flexibility is more down to the cable itself, and how tight the twisting/braiding is. Smaller cables and looser bunching leads to more flexibility. And for the most part, strength of cables is down to the plugs as they’re the greatest point of failure. You’d be surprised how much force a tiny strand of cable can hold, yet plugs can just rattle free.

Buy quality cables and they won’t oxidize. KZ is kinda infamous for their silver-plated copper cables oxidizing at where the plugs are soldered on because of bad manufacturing and cheap cables. Silver can oxidize as well, it’s just not as apparent. Only pure gold doesn’t.

I think you’re overthinking. :wink: Buy a quality cable.