Recommended IEM Cables

Well resistance measurements are measurements so it would be something they would have to stick to and could be tested against… so yea if a company does not have to do that they won’t.

I guess someone could test the copper’s purity, but who has a spare mass spectrometer to do that.

1 Like

“Should I get this 99.9995% pure OOC copper cable for $150 to calm the shouty highs of my IEM?”

Not touching that landmine.

nope

1 Like

I’ve seen you rec this before. :rofl: Tempted for when I grab a big-boy IEM.

Luckily it is also inexpensive as well so it pairs nicely with cheap and pricey IEMs, unless you want a color besides gunmetal blue or white. At least until xinhs makes it in more colors.

Tbh, I just want a cable that is not stiff and looks appealing to they eyes. For I really don’t believe on such things like when you have this particular cable blah blah blah, it improves the sounds. If that was the case, every shitty headphone and IEM should be a STEAL right now if those cables can improve sounds lol. Proposterous

4 Likes

Have you tried a couple different cables/materials?

Yeah, but tbh I never really seriously tested the sound difference between cables. It’s weight and aesthetics that matters more for me.

1 Like

Miniscule variables of impedance.

Moral of the story: If you care about your cables, get a good quality cable. One that you enjoy the looks and feel of. Sit back, enjoy it and the music. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

From my experience cables do change the sound. However, this is not because of copper or silver content. So if a lot of ppl recommend one cable because it sounds good and feels good, just go for it.

My tripowin c8 cable has some greenish tint on the cables near the iem… most likely due to oxidation. any cable suggestions that does not do that?

Xinhs cables 🤷

1 Like

10 Likes

fixed it for ya

4 Likes

I would fix it again, but sadly no 2 core graphene cable yet…

Dunu lyre cable came today, really liking the weight and deal of this cable on my 3DT

Picture warning

4 Likes

Hey, I’m a low-profile guy, most thick and bling cables aren’t appealing for me. So does anyone know a generic black cable (2-pin 0.78mm) similar to the MEST MK2 one? I like its wire is not glossy like most chi-fi black cables, also the braided/cloth ones that I got aged like milk, unfortunately.

1 Like

LOL

10char

Xinhs Cable day

So this time the record was broke. Xinhs package got to my house in 4 working days.

Black 2 Core (BLOCC)

Purple 4 core

Silver 2 core (QDC)

Special credits to @paulwasabii on these.

10 Likes

Too lazy to look up the pricing of these, but interested in market surveying. Can you say how much it costs for each especially due to the customization?

Congrats. Any first impression on the BLOCC feel? Not heavy, not stiff? Thinner than it appears in pics? The purple feels like GoldenFall or WhiteCrane if you don’t have either those and the twist is better as it can be stiffer braided.

In a word? Perfect.

Looks slimmer and thinner than pics. It’s a perfect balance: Lightweight, not stiff, behaves very good, feels great. I needed it in my life more than I thought and I guess the looks just improved the sound quality :wink:

The biggest surprise is the purple cable. Looks even better IRL, feels great than I expected. It’s heavier than the Blocc but still confortable. I was worried the black hooks would look bad (I asked for trasparent but that’s life) but they look good enough and you can’t see them when you use it on the ear. I’m in love and i’m not even into purple colors.

2 Likes