Recommended IEM Cables

No more stock cables for $30 total. :hugs: NiceHCK 8 cores mmcx for T2, KZ qdc A14 cable for DQ6 or Zex Pro and Faaeal 2pin cable for my next iem.

4 Likes

Here is a roundup of some customs from the past few months. Maybe conjure some ideas for your 11-11 orders
Cables in 4K

1 Like

I love you bro. Gonna have to put my gf on hold and look into that :joy:

1 Like

This is similar to NiceHCK’s BlackJelly but in XINHS twisted form. Think about the normal XINHS graphene with a thicker clear cover. For measurement people, it does not measure as low as the regular XINHS graphene.

4 Likes

Same price?

Like most Nicehck cables from XINHS, it is easier when Nicehck has a published sale price. Otherwise try to get it at $60usd or under but he always references the current price so might need to wait on that one.

I haven’t made up my mind yet. It seems like a lighter weight 8 core graphene.

I blame u guys :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

4 core graphene master race!

3 Likes

kinda offtopic, but what tips to get for moondrop variations? (small ears)

also what balanced cable to get for It? (not expensive pls)

Currently I use final audio type-e in S for my clairvoyance & 3DT, it kinda depends on how deep the insertion is/ you are looking for as well as how large ur ear canals are. Some people prefer spinfits, which i did try but i prefer type-e as I find that it stays more stable in my ear. I haven’t tried sednaearfit xelastec/crystal yet so i cant comment on them. :confused:

Cable wise right now XINHS graphene cables are pretty nice for the price from what i hear especially now that 11.11 is going on. Their 4 core graphene cable is a pretty good deal for $30~ right now. Or if u dont care for graphene then u can look at XINHS & niceHCK on aliexpress, they have a good amount cables on sale right now and from what i read on this forum both have pretty good track records.

You can check the link above about the tips I rec and also @PopinTeddy 's.

For cables I recommend Xinhs for build quality, but any good built one is fine. My favourite cable (for the looks and comfort) with Variations was 4 core graphene with grey hardware.

Nicehck as some nice deals as well during 11.11, so you might wanna check that out.

4 Likes

damn that cable biautiful, how much u paid for it? also, is it balanced?

It is (4.4mm). There you go (on sale today):

Just ask him if he can customize it to you with those grey hardware. You can show him the photo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought six cables because of this sale. Enough for all my IEMs. My timeless is gonna get my first pure silver cable.

1 Like

Got my first Xinhs custom cable (double coloured copper).
Looks stunning and damned fine vfm.

7 Likes

I will be joining in the Xinhs cable cult
I have been pondering the 4 core graphene for a while

4 Core Graphene Alloy Silver Plated – MMCX, for the 7Hz Timeless
8 Core 6N OCC Rainbow Blue Cable – 2 pin, the new Blue Mele

There were a few other very interesting cables, but I am really only listening to these two IEMs regularly, so that is sufficient.

EDIT - so you get the IEMs, then you fall in the ear tip rabbit hole, then cables, so what sub-collectable is going to bite me next ?

1 Like

Tips if you haven’t already. Sources. More IEMs. Kidneys. More IEMs.

3 Likes

If I needed a new cable then this’s a bargain :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am well into that one. Here is a box of tips, and I have another with TWS and foam.

Sources are an interesting – I am currently messing around with my PC sending the audio over USB to a Raspberry Pi, then I am writing some software DSP code.
It takes that and sends that digital output to Bluetooth or USB-C, where I currently consume it with a BTR5. Sort a DIY pre-amp. The point was to introduce and tweak software emulated tube amp warmness, without having to tube roll, or spend a bunch of money.

I am pondering taking that project to the next level and seeing how complicated it is to assemble a good DAC. Then I could make my own Pre-Amp and DAC, and that would only leave the Amp. Amps are pretty simple, but I know there are tricks to clean neutral power that I haven’t learned. I just think it would be cool to have my own stack.

1 Like

What is the difference between the materials for cables?

I know some people love silver, some graphene, some copper, etc. why?

I own silver and copper, and maybe silver sounds brighter, maybe?