Replacing Stolen Gear

well if it’s that much more i’ll bite the bullet for now, and get what my wallet can handle
any other suggestions? looking to stay nearish to low 100$'s

obviously lol , I’m on this forum for a reason, and i don’t trust fellow gamers to know where the fire button is, let alone give me setup recs, but when i see something constantly mentioned i feel i have to bring it up (srry if im a lil cheeky)

im liking the BCD-1 tho reality is saying i can’t afford any of those, after listening to a bunch of side by side recordings I think i like the mxl 770 over the rode podmic by default, and its cheaper so i can get a arm and what not

…So i think the set im aiming for rn is AG03->Liquid Spark->DT 880(silver obv) + mxl 770
any recs on a pop filter or whateve i want?
and i’ve heard the default shock mount for the 770 isnt good? comments?

If that’s the case then what I have mentioned above is what I tend to prefer

If you wanted the works with the hardware processor I would say grab a ag06 + a dbx 286s for your mic preamp/processor, but that’s really overkill and over your budget (although my current mic setup for my desk is overkill as well lol)

No worries lol

Gotcha, well then that sounds like you have that figured out, and again to echo a statement I have said before already it will pick up all the noise so be prepared for that, you might be able to mitigate it with some software noise reduction and a good software gate/expanded but it will still pick it up

Sounds good :+1:

For the pop filter and arm just grab something cheap and well rated, will do the job for now

It is meh but gets the job done. It does get a bit saggy overtime but it does come with replacement bands. To really get a real nice shockmount then you will end up paying over 50 bucks for sure imo, for now the stock is more than adequate

1 Like

Okay I think i got it then?

After doing some research I realized I can use voice meter banana + obs to adjust the mics response for chat and streaming, so with that I can essentially replace the FX of the ago3

Then I also realized that if I want to add a soundboard/aux input from a keypad to the SOLO that’s totally possible, but I’m wondering if that’s any worse than connecting it via the ag03?

With this in mind I’m more inclined to the SOLO as it’s cheaper and simpler and seems like it can do all I want

1 Like

That is correct, banana is pretty solid and will do everything you want pretty easily

If you connect it properly then you should be just fine, it’s a little less flexible than the ag03 but imo it seems you don’t really need that

Then there you go then, seems like you have it figured out

1 Like

Lit it looks like I waited just long enough for the quarantine to set the SOLO out of stock! :joy:

I can either back order the solo and hope it arrives eventually,
get a 2i2 or a 4i4 as they’re both at 200$ rn,
Or look at a komplete audio 1/2 or another 100$ ish interface… the ag03 is also still an option but I’m not sure I need it’s usability to sacrifice quality

Have you checked other retailers besides amazon?

I’ve checked every single dealer on focus rotes website and focusrite themselves

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ScarlettSoloG3--focusrite-scarlett-solo-3rd-gen-usb-audio-interface

Wait nvm

You can’t actually get it from them, it’s to reserve yours for when they’re back in stock
“We expect more from Focusrite soon. Reserve”

So yeah… I have the cash to drop 200$ on a SOLO replacement, say Corona shut down them making SOLO’s would a 4i4 be a good replacement? I see it’s basically a 2i2 with more outputs. ( 2i2’s also appears to be out?)

I also called focusrite and are in contact with manufacturing, they should get back to me within a day on what the lead time for product is

I think you could grab a 4i4 if you have the budget but that is more expensive for sure

Just the DT 880s and i’ve recently noticed they only play sound from the left channel,
and this audio is played on both sides of the headphone as if its a mono signal.

The right channel from my PC is completely nonexistent in the headphones.
I’m guessing they are defective and need to be replaced, but this just seems like an issue that shouldn’t happen???

Hmmm, in windows is your audio set to mono? That doesn’t sound like a problem of the headphones and moreso something done in software

so mono audio wasnt on in the accesibilty settings, when i tuned it on im able to hear the left and right channels combined to a mono signal, but with it off i only hear the left channel, still as a mono signal.

also i have a speaker setup connected to my preamp out, and that appears to use the left and right channels properly

So just to check, what are you using as a dac?

currently the ODAC 2 is the dac/amp, I’m waiting on the 2i2 scarlett to come later this week, the monitors are also hooked to the ODACs pre-out

okay i just plugged back in the POS headphones i was using and the channels are correct, definetly a DT 880 defect

Have you checked the screw on adapter? Sometimes those aren’t on all the way and can cause this

im currently using in with the base 3.5mm