Rice Guru’s Earbud Adventure: Electric boogaloo

I ordered the MH750s instead. Probably the exact same driver, but I like bass anyway.

2 Likes

MH750 have a little less treble, a little more bass. A tiny bit less detail but they are great too.

@RiceGuru any news on the Moondrop ShiroYuki? Ordering from Shenzhen audio and I have a gap of ~$15 before I need to pay customs :wink:

Nope not yet has been shipped a day after I ordered it. But other than it leaving chi a I haven’t gotten word of it getting here.

My Guideray didn’t get any updates after they left China from Aliexpress. After that it took them about 15 days to arrive.

Well it’s a race then. Though I believe Shenzhen Audio takes about 2-4 weeks to ship to Europe, so I don’t quite fancy my chances :P.

lol lets see who wins feel free to drop your impressions see where we hear different and similarly. I did order from moondrop directly though

I got mine, did you receive yours yet? Haven’t really tested them, but first impressions are definitely good.

I have not. Ali Express gear due to the situation seems to be having a lot of trouble getting to me

I am by no means a reviewer, having just gotten into this and not having reviewed anything before so take everything I say with a humongous grain of salt, but here are my thoughts so far on the Shiro-Yuki.

Not having tried any earbuds in about a decade it’s safe to say these are the best buds I have heard in the past decade. Voices sound reasonably good and the separation is very decent. There is not really a lot of bass unfortunately, it does feel like it’s missing out a bit there. There mids are pushed forward it seems, so voices sound pretty prominent though also a bit weird sometimes. I am having trouble laying my finger on what’s going on with the highs, they’re definitely there but less prominent than the mids I guess. Soundstage is rather meh.
So what does this mean in terms of music?

I liked them for:

• Never going back again - Fleetwood Mac
  • Shine on you crazy diamond pts 1-6 - Pink Floyd
  • Memories of a Geisha - John Williams
  • Feel good Inc - Gorillaz

I did not like them that much for:

• Besame mucho - Andrea Bocelli
  • C’est si bon - Emilie-Claire Brown
  • Any hiphop with bass (e.g. bbno$)

They will not be replacing any of my other headphones or IEMs, though I guess that wasn’t to be expected either. All in all I like them, and I would definitely listen to them with joy, however I am afraid they will not be used that much since I also have a Porta Pro, KSC75, Starfields and MH752 lying on my desk. Basically it comes down to this, if I am just listening to these they sound pretty good and I have no desire to take them out, but if I A/B them with the aforementioned headphones I prefer the other one most of the time. I think this is because the Shiro-Yuki seem a bit more harsh, which I get used to when I just listen to these but becomes apparent when I A/B them.

Looking forward to hearing what people who actually know something about audio have to say though, I feel like I’m not really able to put into words what I am hearing very well :P.

–EDIT–
Added some more clarification.

1 Like

I havent really had a earbud sound good enough to really reaplace anything but I did find very specific use cases for them and that is in bed and at work. at work iems just have too much isolation. I have to be listening to beeps of machines as well as co workers that come up to me and have to talk to me on regular basis. in bed when watching anime I like to put my laptop on my bed and lay on my side. laying on my side with iems is awful just pushes more into my ears and with headphones and ksc 75’s too bulky or im afraid to break them. everything else for pleasure or critical listening earbuds dont really enter my mind. due to a few limitations and one of the biggest ones I find is the presentation

2 Likes

so I was gonna update my post with an obsevation and a new review of the kbear knight butit wont let me edit the post probably cause its too old.

Fair point. I’ll try them in bed as well, that does seem more comfortable than IEMs, especially if you fall asleep wearing them accidentally. For me the lack of isolation is a bit of a problem since both me and my girlfriend are working from home and she has developed the annoying habit of partially singing along with her music since she’s bought noise cancelling headphones…

Isn’t the limit like 30 days? I guess just post them as replies then, people’ll find them.

1 Like

@RiceGuru actually rice, any promising looking earbuds you know of? whether you have heard them or not. see, being able to use them in bed is interesting

@M0N could fix that I think – please? :stuck_out_tongue:

biggest interest for me is the yin crow x6 seems to be a proper upgrade to the vido supposed to be more refined and more bass and cleaner treble more mids as well. and the nameless is well known for their good mids

if you look around the most hyped bud aside form the vido are blue earbuds you literally have to contact the guys personal facebook to get them made.

1 Like

interesting headline lol

dang gotcha, that’s kind of a shame. don’t really have facebook for privacy reasons. would be nice to get a good earbud

the yin corw x6 seems to have a lot of hype around it have one ordered but not sure if it’s legit. the one ive used the most thats not a facebook pair is the k bear knight decent build great comfort bright neutral sound lacks bass

1 Like