RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Maybe downsize the collection and sell off some stuff you don’t listen to anymore? It’s totally with it! Lol

1 Like

That is a way to do it. But aside from lazyness when it comes to selling off stuff, I also really dont like the idea of having a single iem above 700 usd. Diminishing returns and all that aside, the thought of having something that expensive would make me VERY paranoid about it…

Yeah I get it. I say that because I sold a bunch of stuff to purchase the Sarda and now I have very few things in my collection and I don’t regret it. This is the bass I’ve always been looking for, and they happen to have some if the best highs too. (Bonus!)

4 Likes

I also really dont like blind buying something that expensive, just thinking about me not liking it (or if it doesnt even fit me) isnt something I wanna worry about…

Nah, I wait another few years and chi-fi will most likely get even cheaper and better lol. :joy:
We are already seeing some big progress with stuff like the Dunu EST112, Thieaudio Excalibur/oracle being available at the 500 usd range now.

1 Like

I helped to fund your Sarda with the purchase of a lowly DUNU Zen? :cry:

Most everything is so good already, I don’t know how much “better” things can get. Things can always get less expensive. We should all be very thankful we’re enjoying the benefits of these companies competing and making better and better products at competing prices. I want to hear them all. :slight_smile: It’s a fantastic time to be an audiophile.

2 Likes

Actually the Zen was the only thing left when I purchased the Sarda. I was enjoying the Zen paired with the Mojo so much I was convinced to let go of my whole desktop setup and go fully IEM for work where I do most of my listening. My plan after selling my work setup was to purchase some open backs to listen to at home. Then a deal came up on the Sarda so I purchased it to compare to the Zen. The Zen held its own, but in the end I decided to let it go because the Sarda edged it out in performance. And I decided that I would go almost all IEM.

I will say that the Zen is the most premium looking and feeling IEM I’ve owned. That alone made me pause before selling it. It also had the best bass I had ever heard until the Sarda. But the Sarda has a reputation for being a bass king even among higher tier IEMs so no surprise there and the Zen again put up a good fight.

So when I sold the Zen I actually used the money to fund a pair of speakers for my living room. This is them!

1 Like

I’ve been binge listening/watching THE FIRST TAKE videos with the FD5 today and it’s been quite the wonderful experience. I was even in a trance in some songs. It’s like their live performances and the FD5 are match made in heaven. If you have never heard nor watched any of their videos and songs before, go use your favourite iems and hope you have a good time! There’s english subs as well!

1 Like

I sure have!

1 Like

First impressions on the FH5S:

Seems like it is different from both the FH3 and the FD5. Guess Fiio wants us to get all of them lol.

2 Likes

So a balanced sound signature out the box, wonder how significant the switches will be?

In my experience, switches are very much a gimmick. Very minimal changes.

IMO if they want a configurable tuning feature, I would much rather use filters instead (look at LZ’s A6/A7).

I’m just busting on ya. Thanks for the great price on the Zen.

Those were pretty horrible first impressions.

It’s all we got right now so…

Just don’t want anybody to think I would talk something up just to try and sell it! Lol

They really are a great IEM in my book and one of my favorite pieces of audio gear that I have had the pleasure of owning. I just tend to be somewhat minimalistic so when I upgrade I often purge other things to keep my total collection small while funding the highest level gear I can reasonably afford.

I’m very curious to hear your thoughts. Hopefully they arrive soon! USPS has been a bit slow recently.

2 Likes

I’m in no rush. I’ve been dealing with sinus issues/allergies lately.

I’m less and less about trying to find the “best” IEM, and more about collecting great IEMs that I enjoy for certain reasons.

I’ve been very happy with the DUNU SA6 and DUNU EST 112 so the Zen was the next obvious choice. Gotta collect them all.

4 Likes

Try earbuds!! :joy:

I am actually looking at some other TOTL buds after hearing the Chaconne lol.

1 Like

Same here! Literally as soon as the Sarda arrived I started having issues with my sinuses and my right ear. I kept feeling pressure and the sound seemed uneven and the fit was more uncomfortable when I would get a good seal. At first I thought it was the IEM but then I figured out I was having some sinus issues which made IEM listening less than ideal. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you and Resolution got ear problems. But…maybe its your chance to try earbuds now? :smirk:

Maybe I should give them a shot again. I was never able to get a fit with buds back in the day and they constantly fell out. (Back when I had an old iPod with the clickwheel!) Maybe I should try a set of the more ergonomic ones that fit a little more inside the ear. Or I could just wear my KSC75 and call it a day. lol

Did you use foams with them? Because that helps the fit (and sound) a lot.

I recomend the Yincrow X6 (my favorite bud until maybe the 150 usd range) if you want something similar to iems. But otherwise if you want to know what buds usually sounds like, then I recommend the NiceHCK MX500. Depending on what you like, you might wanna move up the ladder after you found out what you like and what type of bud shape fits you the best. These TOTL/high-end buds are very cheap in comparison to iems.