RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Your perfect IEM? :grinning:

The channel matching -.-

Otherwise I do like what I hear…just dont know which one is the correct one, since they fucking sound different!

4 Likes

The one you like more :rofl:

5 Likes

The finish on the metal is sooo bad, I hope is not to expensive :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

37 usd. Definitely not expensive.

1 Like

2021-10-16: So yesterday, I kinda randomly did a live-stream (on discord) where I did a walkthrough on how to create your own preference target and since it seems there is interested from people that missed it. Check the link for the written guide.

11 Likes

I received my lbbs yesterday. I understand why you say it’s good. I think I won’t listen much to them, though: I still prefer my Aria, and the fit hurt my left ear.

2 Likes

Hi, have they reached your mailbox ?

Thanks for taking your time. To anyone that doubted I love my mids :wink:

7 Likes

-_-
Is that just a Tea graph?

3 Likes

9RdP

Giga Bass.

2 Likes

No. If you look closer you’ll see I like at least one more db of bass than Teas have…

I recieved my LBBS saturday, and after having tested them and compared with my Aria set, here is what I found:

• the voices on the LBBS are thinner. they have more body on Aria. The voices are impacted by this at approximately the same level: on “Girl with the red balloon” by The Cival Wars, the male and female voices are approximately on the same level, and none of them covers the other too much.
  • The bass and sub-bass are way less dominant on LBBS; of course, due to its more open design compared to an iem, the fight isn’t really fair here. On a title like “buzzcut” by Lorde, the lack of impact/slam makes the song less enjoyable.
  • the imaging on the LBBS is better than on Aria. I tested on “thriller”, and I felt I could locate the man walking better, espacially when in front of me. Same on the noises in “buzzcut” by Lorde.
  • the soundstage is larger on LBBS than on Aria. It is noticeable in… “buzzcut”
  • the instruments separation is better on LBBS than on Aria, and you hear more details. For example, in the beginning of the song “Skinny Love” by Birdy, you can hear the pedal of the piano being pressed and depressed, and her stool (chair? I’m not sure of the word I must use here) moving very well on LBBS; you barely distinguish it with the Aria

So the LBBS is a proof that brighter gear often can demonstrate better technicalities. And as I (thought I) am a sucker for technicality, that obviously pleases me. But on LBBS, this brightness comes at the expense of the voices, that sound too high and thin. The earbud design can’t compete on the bass department either, due to the more open design.
This set made me learn as an audiophile: I thought that bass is not important, and that I could accept many FR deviations for good technicalities. Now that I heard Mele and LBBS, I can say I have to get a minimal amount of Bass and slam (but not too much either). As an auto-proclamed vocalhead, LBBS can’t be my endgame because I feel I lose too much of the voices of my beloved singers.

On the fit department, this set surprised me: it can hold a kind of enough-secured fit in my ears. I have horizontal antitragus, so I can’t count on these to hold this tiny little bells. the buds that I tried when I was young all fell from me after 2 minutes max. The LBBS stay more easily and way longer. They actually stay in place thanks to the tragus and the anterior crus of helix/meatus. The problem here is that the bells create tension on the meatus, and can irritate them easily.

On the useability side, LBBS have the advantages of the bud design: they are more open, so I can hear what surrounds me at work; it is easier for me as I can hear my collegue requesting my attention. And the fact that they can be put in and off my ears quickly for having a conversation with said collegue is a good thing too. If only they had an integrated mic and/or replaceable cables, they would have been a perfect set for my work.
I didn’t really tried these for sleeping, but I think I’d lose them to easily when I move my head.

To sum up, I can understand how the LBBS are a very good set, and their technicalities really do please me. but the lack in its FR and the fit problems for my particular ear shape prevent me from choosing this set as my main. I don’t know yet if I want to keep, sell or try to send them back.

I just though while writing this review that I should compare the LBBS with my Moondrop SSR: I guess the sound signature are quite similar, so it could be an interesting match.

Thank you Rikudou for having spread the word about this set. They allowed me to understand you a little bit more as a reviewer (and it will continue as I will try to listen to your test playlist while reading your review again), and they allowed me to learn a little bit about myself and my target.

4 Likes

A new target is born, what a moving moment :blush:

1 Like

Buzzcut is my jam :call_me_hand::notes::notes:

You might want to try different positions first, these bells can fit in ways MX500 shells can’t (for me) and partly seal the entry of your ear canal (if yours is big enough). I get big bass out of these.

I discovered her recently, to be honest: I heard “Royals” of course, but didn’t like it at the moment. Then I read i discussion on this forum, and decided to give a go on her album. So I changed my mind about Lorde and bought her album on amazon. Buzzcut and its random noises caught me off guard several times, making me check my back to see where the sound came from :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure to remember well: is it you who got a great seal by using the hooks?

I tried with the hooks but found them way worse than the “regular” fit. I may try again, and with other orientations/positions, too; but to be honest I don’t know if I want to spend much time trying it: I already have the Mele for fun and the Aria as a reference; and there still is so much things to try!!

Anyway, I’ll let you know about any evolution with this set :wink:

1 Like

I love that album. 400 lux, ribs, buzzcut, team, still sane… All but royals is tiring already :joy:

Yes that’s me, although the hooks were just a starting point really. That position is more confortable to me and I get less cable microphonics.
Fiddling around I found a way to partly seal and bass surged, but this is no great seal by IEMs standards.
I stretch a little bit the top of my earlobes when positionning LBBS, as I would do for IEMs. Angle play a role too. It stays secure enough for steady home listening.
Independently of all that, you can try to superpose a donut foam on top of full foams.